PDA

View Full Version : What pipe is the best for low to mid 300ex power

tkatka70
06-04-2002, 09:03 PM
i dont got a 300ex yet and i know there is alot of people asking the same question but they want to go faster. I was wondering what pipe will give me the best low to mid power without sacrificing any top end. Is there i pipe that gives you more power in all 3 catorgories. I want a pipe that when im driving through a ditch if i hit the throttle to much the front and will pick off the ground even when i dont try to ride a wheelie. I just want to be able to crack the throttle a little and the wheels will shoot straingt up. But i dont want to sacrafice top end. Also i want to have a pipe that has a nice sound to it i like how the powercore 4 sounds. A nice low loud deep RUMBLE.

ALSO would it be a good ideal to get a head pipe to. What sytsems come with a head pipe as well as a muffler.

06-05-2002, 10:14 AM
im looking for the same kind of pipe too, but i want to get the whole system for it like the head pipe and muffler. Im probably going to get a white borthers E-serious.

Rastus
06-05-2002, 10:22 AM
Yes, get a White Brothers E-series. I have one, and it kicks. Theres hardly any top-end loss,if any. and the low to mid power explodes.

phatswinn
06-05-2002, 12:56 PM
wb e-series pro meg

tkatka70
06-05-2002, 08:17 PM
i dont want to loose any top end. ALso what other pipes any FMF what about the PowerCore 4

WIll the White Brothers give me a nice loud rumble or how does it sound

EX Fanatic
06-06-2002, 06:37 AM
I have the FMF Powercore 4 on my 300ex and I love it!! It works best in low and mid range. Good luck!! ;):)

honda250xrider
06-23-2002, 08:28 PM
get a tc they have awesome!!!!!! low to mid

06-23-2002, 08:51 PM
WB e-Series

flyin300
06-23-2002, 11:12 PM
I also have been looking for a new exaust.. I was thinking of maybe a white bros. e-series pro meg, or an hmf.. but here is my deal... I have a DG full system right now... so what do you think.. should I use the headpipe from it on a new slip on, or just get a whole system?

phatswinn
06-24-2002, 11:23 AM
on the promeg it has a real loud tuff rumble, i noticed a gain all thru the powerband, mostly on the bottom but i got a few more mph outta it

nakomis0
06-24-2002, 03:03 PM
WB is in definatly a great pipe, its the only one I would buy.

But if your looking for a pipe that is more low to mid power, than thats the Big Guns specialty.

I ran against my buddy when we were all stock except our pipes. He had the better low and mid power with is BG. (I still don't care for the pipe much)

I like WB the best, with Pro Circuit and Yosh tied for second. Sparks makes one of the best pipes, just personal prefrence I don't care for it to much.

Might wanna save some money and just get the muffler part, unless you are planing on doing more mods in the future.

Find that thread with the Dirt wheels exhaust review. It tells you alot.