PDA

View Full Version : 450r oil sucker

honda7
08-09-2005, 11:40 PM
I recently bought a 450r it is now drinking oil to fast to be right. Thursday I went to my buudy's house they were all racing. we rode prity hard from about 5:30pm to 8:45 pm and the next day we road for about 2 hours on when I loaded it on the truck it was bone dry of oil but the trans oil was fine. I even filled it right befor I left my house. It is not smoking or blowing oil out the pipe and I dont see it leeking out on my garage floor or any were on the motor or pipe.

CAN ANY ONE HELP

450robot
08-10-2005, 12:10 AM
theres about a 5 minute window on the 450r after you have ran it and shut it down where the oil stays up in the motor, and the oil level glass shows that its empty, but give it 2 more mins, and it should return

otherwise, i have never heard of such a thing... if it wasnt smoking, then its not burning it, and its not just poofing away, check your cases, maybe you hit them off something and drained all it out by cracking them,

but if there is no crack,

i have no clue what so ever

greg_gorrell
08-10-2005, 10:34 PM
yeah man, it has to drain back into the tank. but your oil just wont disappear. its either burning it or you have a leak somewhere.