PDA

View Full Version : My iPod won't turn on! Help!

BlazingYamahaYz
08-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Anyone else have this problem? I had been using it for about 3 hours, it had a full charge when I started listening to music. I paused it to talk to my boss....drove home, got the iPod out to charge it and it won't turn on. I plugged it into the wall outlet, took the silicone cover off....and still nothing. Am I totally screwed? I bought this about a month ago off ebay from someone who had it for a few weeks. Any help would be appreciated:mad:

Doober
08-09-2005, 10:32 PM
i had the same thing happen to me i called the ipod people and they told me to turn it on hold then hold the on buttion then take it off hold or something...it like restarts it somehow....get on there site and call the toll free number and ask them

CannondaleRider
08-09-2005, 11:06 PM
My moms did the same thing, I just put it on and off the charger a few times and kept trying and it finally turned on.

Ipods are POS's in my mind, I like my Rio Carbon so much better then my moms Ipod...Yeah, it doesn't have so many features, but you can put ANY music you want on it.....protected or not

Billyu40
08-09-2005, 11:18 PM
hold down the center button then an apple will appear. its a design feature that keeps you from using all teh abt power when its not suppossed to be on.

Ralph
08-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Ipod's are junk, Rio Iriver is where its at.

Atkins
08-09-2005, 11:39 PM
My Ipod works great.:ermm:

Ralph
08-09-2005, 11:45 PM
i fixed my ipod once with a 10$ piece and then a few days later the mother board fried. Jahunk!

z400roosteR
08-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Is the hold button on.....? I love my ipod makes that 4+hour drive down to the dunes a little easier.

08-10-2005, 12:13 AM
my ipaq rx3715 is the shiznit

plays prn movies and alot of songs.

I have 20 1 gb sticks for it (aqcuired through friend)

ridered11
08-10-2005, 08:39 AM
you have to hook it up to your computer, and re-boot it. it's happend to me before

BlazingYamahaYz
08-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Alright guys thanks for the suggestions. I tried to get it to work this morning...but it still didn't turn on. The hold wasn't on(I kept trying to see if maybe that was stuck inside?). Anyways, I decided to look at it one more time before I left to work. Like some kind of vodoo the apple logo appears....followed by a battery with a slash through it. I threw it on the charger and it's ok now. I had tried to hook it up to the computer last night, but it still didn't recognize the iPod hooked up. Next time though I'll try those button combos. I checked their site last night and they said to hold a couple different buttons, but none of the combos worked.