PDA

View Full Version : Dvx chain adjusting

DvxDirtSlinger
08-09-2005, 09:20 PM
got a quick question on tightening my chain..
my manual reads like so:
1.Loosen the 4 cap screws on top of the the axle housing

2. Turn the adjuster nut on the rear of the axle housing until the chain has 1.2-1.6" or slack between the chain buffer and rear sprocket; then tighten the 4 cap screws to 72ft/lbs

my question is isnt 72ft/lbs alot for an alum housing??? im going to adjust my chain tomorrow and i dont want to strip the threads or twist off the screws

PeeWee21
08-10-2005, 08:17 AM
The bolts don't " bolt " to the aluminum swinger, they have plates underneath that have nuts welded to a steel plate that the the bolt threads into. Stand you DVX on it's grab bar and you'll see what i'm talking about.

08-11-2005, 09:27 AM
It don't need to be too tight but tight enough to where it won't come loose. IMO i think the chain adjuster on the ltz,kfx,dvx,yfz,ect..are ridculous to adjust...

thats ok though!! I got a HOUSER!!!!! lmao

peewee i hope ya see this.

DVXchic
08-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Hey there, Make sure you get the bolts tight, I didn't and i busted the carrier where the adjusting bolt joins on to it.:(
My bolts are also stripped, When I had my swing are pc'd The two plates underneath were switched causing two bolts to not be long enough when threaded in. OH well had it welded (carrier) and i am good to go.:D

KILLSWITCHngage
08-21-2005, 08:18 PM
I torqued my bolts correctly everytime i adjusted the chain on my Z and 2 of them stripped out. i had some steels bolts and brackets and nuts welded on them machine made. the alum crap sucks , cant wait to afford me a good swingarm.