PDA

View Full Version : If they were still here...

Killa250ex
08-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Can you guys imagine what Nirvana would be like if Kurt Cobain was still here? What about Brad Nowell of Sublime?

I was just thinkin about that, like, Damn, they would be huge!

nowukno
08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Yeah , if Kurt Cobain was still alive there wouldn't be no Foo Fighters because Dave Grohl would still be playin the drums for Nirvana.

Guy400
08-09-2005, 06:41 PM
If Kurt Cobain was still here he'd probably be severely incoherent. If Sublime was still here they'd still be writing teeny-bopper punk songs.

08-09-2005, 07:12 PM
wtf guy400, whats your prob. oh and you SUCK......alot

LTandRaptorider
08-09-2005, 07:17 PM
And another banned member creates yet another username to reply with more wit... :rolleyes:

Yes, I really liked Nirvana... But I'm afraid Guy400 is right with his assessment. ;)

Mxjunkie
08-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Imagine if Jimi Hendrix was still alive. I'd be in heaven right now

redlineranger
08-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Nirvana would be huge if they were bak...... thinking of the thought about old bands were still here, i wonder what Guns n Roses would be like... prolly dead:ermm:

not there music being dead but like dead from alot of jack daniels, and the number of doobies they smoked:rolleyes:

Atkins
08-09-2005, 11:45 PM
No one likes grunge anymore so I think Nirvana would just be bad music.

Guy400
08-10-2005, 04:38 AM
Well, that took me about 45 seconds to figure out whose IP that belongs to. It appears yzfmxer is upset that his thread got locked after he attempted to duplicate another locked thread.

But to this topic, I was big Nirvana fan in high school. I still have T-shirts and CD's to prove it but I don't think they're music had the staying power.

MOFO
08-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Two words...

Layne Staley.

I wish Alice in Chains was still around...

Guy400
08-10-2005, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
Two words...

Layne Staley.

I wish Alice in Chains was still around... If this kid my wife is due with in January is a boy that's what I'm naming him...Layne. I've had the name reserved since high school so none of my friend's or family can use it unless my second child is a girl. At that point I'm done having kids and the name goes back on the open market:D

MOFO
08-10-2005, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
If this kid my wife is due with in January is a boy that's what I'm naming him...Layne. I've had the name reserved since high school so none of my friend's or family can use it unless my second child is a girl. At that point I'm done having kids and the name goes back on the open market:D

LMAO! :D

stevez400
08-10-2005, 05:39 AM
If he didnt shoot himself he would probably still be dead. What about jim morrison??

Rico
08-10-2005, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
Two words...

Layne Staley.

I wish Alice in Chains was still around...

Me too.....:(

There unplugged CD is still #1 on my list of all time favorites.

Atkins
08-10-2005, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by stevez400
If he didnt shoot himself he would probably still be dead. What about jim morrison??

I think if Morrison and Hendrix lasted longer, then they I think the "hippy" generation would have stayed around longer.

TheFontMaster
08-10-2005, 05:56 AM
I wish that Rage Against the Machine was still around. Thier music was so different than anything else anyone was playing, and there still hasn't been anyone that has even tryed to copy thier style yet.

stevez400
08-10-2005, 06:05 AM
Yeah whatever happend to Zack?? I hope he didnt go to extreme with his political/war/anti stuff views.

TheFontMaster
08-10-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by stevez400
Yeah whatever happend to Zack?? I hope he didnt go to extreme with his political/war/anti stuff views.

Last I heard was that he was suposed to be putting out an album soon. But I've been hearing that for about 6 months so I have no idea.

stevez400
08-10-2005, 06:09 AM
I just read he is doing a solo project in NY. Good to know he isnt in jail in cuba or somewhere in the jungle in brazil!
EDIT:Hey the guy above me beat me to it.

Flynbryan19
08-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I wish that Rage Against the Machine was still around. Thier music was so different than anything else anyone was playing, and there still hasn't been anyone that has even tryed to copy thier style yet.

Thier first two cd's were the best.... After that I just got tired of hearing the same political on-slaught. Play music or be a politician..... I'm not interested in your political views.

Flynbryan19
08-10-2005, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Me too.....:(

There unplugged CD is still #1 on my list of all time favorites.

Ditto. Thats probably my favorite cd. Would have loved to see them in concert. "Would" is still probably my favorite alternative/rock song. :D

Pappy
08-10-2005, 06:53 AM
i respect the music these men made, but frown heavily on the choices they made. taking your own life is a pisspoor choice.

stevez400
08-10-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i respect the music these men made, but frown heavily on the choices they made. taking your own life is a pisspoor choice.
Agree!! Completely!!!

Quad18star
08-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Even if Kurt was still alive , I don't think Nirvana would still be around . Like many of the other bands out there , they would have probably split up and gone their seperate ways ... then sued each other for the rights to certain song lyrics .

I still find it amazing , that a man can be dead for so many years , then all of a sudden a new song of his is discovered and it makes millions !!!!!

If Kurt hadn't of commited suicide , he'd have probably still died . He was into too many hard drugs .

WKY400EX
08-10-2005, 08:41 AM
More than likely, if those guys were still around, music as we know it today would be totally different. People like Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, etc. made they're mark before they left the earth. It seems weird to say, but don't think they would be as influencial as they have been if they were still alive today. If they were still around, music would be totally different and we wouldn't have had some of the awesome and terrible bands/songs we've had since their deaths IMO.

Cody_300ex
08-10-2005, 09:07 AM
I wish the main guys in lynard synyard had'nt of died in that plane crash, I love there music. The guys in it now arnt half as good as the orginal guys.

Atkins
08-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
I wish the main guys in lynard synyard had'nt of died in that plane crash, I love there music. The guys in it now arnt half as good as the orginal guys.

Well only Ronnie Van Zandt died, right? So his brother is still in the band?

Cody_300ex
08-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Atkins
Well only Ronnie Van Zandt died, right? So his brother is still in the band?

I thought someone else died, not sure. It's something like that, but i do know his brother is in the band. If it was all the original guys they would still be one of the top bands out.

wilkin250r
08-10-2005, 09:53 AM
If Kurt Cobain was still alive, he'd probably be pretty ugly, what with half his face missing and all...

Guy400
08-10-2005, 03:21 PM
AIC Best of the Box is still my favorite.

fmf250ex
08-10-2005, 03:47 PM
NIRVANA IS AWESOME!! well i used to really like them but I dont know I just stop listening I got bored.

08-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster

Yea, they were awsome. Good stuff right there.