PDA

View Full Version : Broken Arm out for 4 to 6 weeks

Arctic Cat Dad
08-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Michael took a nasty spill while practicing on his Polini with his little buddy on his KTM. He fliped it and went flying thru the woods. When we got to him said he was ok just a little sore. He could move everything but he said it just hurt a little. That was on Tuesday and on Saturday there was a big XC race and he said he was fine to race. He raced that race. Today he was still sore and could move his arm. I figured I'd better take him to a doctor. The x-rays showed a fracture on his left upper arm just below the shoulder joint. The fracture was about 3/4 of the way thru the bone. The doctor said at least 4 to 6 weeks before he could even think of useing his arm. As of now the next GNCC national is out of the question.:(

Pvt. Maggot
08-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Wow. hes a tough little guy eh? hope he heals up good and quick and gets back riding! :)

bigdaddy
08-09-2005, 05:35 PM
We went through that eariler this summer my son broke his wrist while practicing the day before a race and missed 2 xc races. He was sure excited about getting to race again. Kids heal up alot faster than old farts like me. He will be back better than new sooner than you think.

Pappy
08-09-2005, 05:37 PM
im very sorry to hear this, please tell micheal we hope he has a painless and speedy recovery and we look forward to seeing him soon.

Arctic Cat Dad
08-09-2005, 06:14 PM
The doc said that kids heal very quick. It would take us longer to heal. But he wants him to take is easy so it doesn't break all the way thru. It's to close to the joint of his shoulder to pin or put a cast on. If it breaks all the way accross it would require surgery and he would be out for the rest of the season. I can't believe how tuff this little guy is he hasn't said 1 word about pain. I knew he could take alot of pain but this is unbelievable. He has really been practicing VERY hard and was really looking to go show his stuff the last 3 Nationals. But hopefull he can do good in the last 2. He has his mind set on making the Hetrick XC team and he thinks that this will blow it. We will see. I told him not to worry about it .People will notice him for how he rides! With his HEART.

Pappy we looked for you and the family at the Forest festival race. There were 23 mini's there and the course was a great 1. Chris Borich, Chris Jenks, and Adam McGill all ahowed up. We were sitting around our popup and Michael started yelling here comes Chris Borich! He walked up and started talking to Michael and he signd his mini for him. He thinks Chris is the BOSS! Hope to see yall soon.

Livin4Real
08-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Sounds like you got a great kid there, nows a good time to tear down the quad if you had been thinking about it :blah:

kreed5821
08-10-2005, 03:31 AM
Tough Youngin! Hope he heals good and quick.

BSTURDIVANT
08-10-2005, 11:26 AM
He's tuff! He should heal quickly, since the bone is still connected! His age and condition- 4 weeks, but knowing him, 3 will be plenty!!! He's 1 tuff kid! wants to race no mater what the circumstances!

mxmike17
08-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Thats a bummer. Sounds like a tuff litte dude!

Good luck with the recovery!

Pappy
08-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
Pappy we looked for you and the family at the Forest festival race.

i would have loved to have made it, but i had just got out of an extended stay at the hospital so i wasnt in any shape to do much of anything. we even had a local mx thats 2 minutes from my house but none of us felt up to it after the ordeal with me and the hospital.

im glad to see such a good turn out, cody would love to mix it up a few times before the next national.

QuadJunkies
08-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Sorry to hear the news .. :( Speedy recovery for the lil man.

Arctic Cat Dad
08-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Thanks folks! When he read all this it put a big smile on his face. When he saw what Brent S wrote really pumped him up. He really likes Brent and the way he rides. He is 1 tuff kid! He always says if you can feel pain your in the wrong business!:devil:

Pappy
08-29-2005, 07:33 PM
any updates on how he is doing?

Arctic Cat Dad
08-29-2005, 07:48 PM
Lori took him to the doctor on the 23rd. He said atleast a couple of weeks still. When asked if he could ride he said no. But I snuck him off and took him racing. He needed 12 races qualify for the championship. He only needed to start the race to get counted as an entry . He took the holeshot by 6 quad legnths in the 90 limited class with 1 arm on the bars and the other 1 in a sling. My buddy and I looked at each other and said he'll never stop now. But he did. He said the arm felt great and was going to catch the 90cc production class and show them he was ready! But he said that I would have gotton mad because I told him to stop at a certain place so I could find him. You gotta give the kid credit he's ready to go get them!:devil: :D

Pappy
08-29-2005, 07:53 PM
haha thats awesome! cody just read it and wished him the best of luck on getting teh rest of the way healed up!

he also wants mike to come up and do some mx on our track:D mom better stay home for this:cool:

Arctic Cat Dad
08-29-2005, 08:08 PM
When he gets healed up 100% we'll do that. After the Nationals. we took him to race mx the day before he broke his arm. He kicked some serious butt there. He was hitting table tops pinned wide open and flying thru the air. He said he wants me to build him a mx quad and he would quit XC if we could run mx nationals. he loves to jump and fly thru the air so he can do tricks. Tell Cody there is a good chance he'll be at the NC national. He's can give me a Kidney punch that really hurts so I believe the arm is fine. It's just mom we have to convince!

Pappy
08-29-2005, 08:11 PM
we sure hope he can make it, but we also understand the healing process can take longer then anyone would like.

cody finally raced a mx in july, won it. there wasnt many there but good seat time. he also wants to try his hand at a GNC or 2 or 3:p

Bridget yelled at me when she rode down and saw him jumping, all she kept saying was" thats right, wreck and not finish the season...smart real smart"...hahaha

QuadJunkies
08-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

Bridget yelled at me when she rode down and saw him jumping, all she kept saying was" thats right, wreck and not finish the season...smart real smart"...hahaha LOL.. yup.. thats sounds like a Mom alright!! :p

Arctic Cat Dad
09-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Well it's been about a month since the big crash. He's been dieing to ride his quad. Well there was a dirt drag at a local fair in our area. I figured he needed some seat time and a straight line wouldn't hurt anything. Plus it would give him some Holeshot practice. So I loaded littleman and his 70 up. I figured I'd make him work a little harder so I stuck him in the 90 class. There were 17 other 90's there,which was made up of Honda's, Preditors, Etons, Dinli's and some Polaris scramblers, and 5 Suzuki's lt80's.

I couldn't believe it. He won the darn thing! He smoked every quad there. I timed his first run it was a 7.4, the second run was a 6.9. The track was a 300' clay and dirt mix. After his 2nd run I quit timing him but he kept getting faster. He was undefeated.
I figured he would give them a run for their money and maby finish in the top 3.

So I turned him loose in the woods today. You couldn't tell he's had a month off. He said the arm feels great and he's ready to race! What a relief. I thought he might be scared and the arm would give him some trouble. But thank the lord above for giving me a good strong kid.HE'S BACK!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Pappy
09-04-2005, 06:15 PM
GREAT JOB MICHEAL!:D