PDA

View Full Version : bike running weird, help please

jak1389
08-09-2005, 03:43 PM
ok i was at a mx track on sunday. it was awsome. the entire day i was there my bike was running awsome. but the last hour i was there it was messed up. i stopped because i was low on gas and when i brought it back out to the track the jetting was bad. it became crazy rich. popping alot and stuff. i took the airbox lid and put the choke on and it ran much better, but i was just wondering what might cause this problem and what can i do to fix it. thanks for any help.

~jason

Pvt. Maggot
08-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Take your carb off and clean it and make sure the jets are tight and make sure your floats are not sticking. :)

spanks23
08-10-2005, 10:22 AM
make sure your intake boots are tight on the carb. that happened to me 2 weeks ago. too much are = runs like poop.

jak1389
08-10-2005, 10:38 AM
wait, are you teling me if the intake boot were too tight they would make it more rich? i know mine are very tight but i dotn see how that could make my carb more rich.

or

are you saying if they werent tight enough, that it could let excess air in.

i know my carb was runnign rich. i fouled a plug, and when i put the choke on it made it worse, ans when i took off my air box lid it helped. so i was just trying to figure out what everyone thought before i take it apart.

eslride1
08-10-2005, 03:45 PM
he meant that the air boot could have straight up fallen off of the carb it happens to my friend and thats pretty much how it runs when that happens

jak1389
08-10-2005, 03:52 PM
no it didnt fall off the carb.

xcracer416
08-11-2005, 11:00 AM
did you put any more gas in it? if you did then you might have gotton some crappy gas.

jak1389
08-11-2005, 11:10 AM
nope i figured it out. while i was taking stuff off so i could get to the carb, i noticed the boot that goes to the air box was off the carb on the bottom. spanks23, you were right. i put it back on, jsut took it out for a spin and runs like it did. a champ. thanks everyone for the ideas and help.