View Full Version : HMF... full system???

QuadJunkies
08-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Does HMF sell a full system, or just a slip on?

Pvt. Maggot
08-09-2005, 12:30 AM
They sell both. :)

QuadJunkies
08-09-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
They sell both. :) I was hoping someone would say that.. Thanks ;)

Do you think there is much of a difference from a Yoshi full system?? eventually I would like ot try another pipe for the heck of it when moeny permits, but not if it wont do much of anything. Im happy w/ my pipe, but might try something new .

Pvt. Maggot
08-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Honestly I would suggest the big gun. I have ridden 400ex's with different pipes. and out of all of them I felt the big gun had the most gains all around and the best sound. But thats just a suggestion. hmf's and yoshi's are nice as well. But check in the open thread theres a post of a guys yoshi that cracked all the way around :eek:

Big gun ;) heh

QuadJunkies
08-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
Honestly I would suggest the big gun. I have ridden 400ex's with different pipes. and out of all of them I felt the big gun had the most gains all around and the best sound. But thats just a suggestion. hmf's and yoshi's are nice as well. But check in the open thread theres a post of a guys yoshi that cracked all the way around :eek:

Big gun ;) heh not a big gun fan, but thanks!:)

Ive NEVER had a problem w/ a yoshi pipe and we have had three of them! No complaints there .

Pvt. Maggot
08-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Anytime ;) :)

400exstud
08-09-2005, 11:41 AM
On my stock motor the HMF full made a big difference but I am not sure about if it will on a motor with that many mods that already has a pipe.

Dave400ex
08-09-2005, 05:00 PM
I went from the TC Racing shorty to a full HMF and I thought it made a big difference in power in mid-top. Rather switching from a full to a full would be the same, I don't know. With that Duncan engine work, maybe a Fatboy 4 would be a good way to go. I have a friend that has the Fatboy full on his YFZ, hold on!

Blasta400ex
08-09-2005, 05:19 PM
quadjunkies i hope this will help ya a little

my freind used to have a yoshi full system on his 400ex and it was pretty nice..gave it extra boost

but then he recentyl switched to an hmf and wow..its louder..and gives much better power then the yosh...and the mounting on the yosh is bad to so..def get the hmf full system

QuadJunkies
08-11-2005, 12:06 AM
thanks for all the info!
I really dont want a loud pipe, mine is one of the quietest around here these days but seems to put out good power, just looking from a little something dif. maybe more Mid to top . Whats a full system run on the HMF anyhow?
Now the Big Gun I have heard and WOW..... TOO LOUD for me! Plus, if we go to a track that had sound DB resrictions, I dont want to have to be investing in yet another pipe for that reason ;) But you do make a valid point about that pipe since Duncan runs there performance w/ that pipe

400exstud
08-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Well the regular HMF is about 104db and about 96 with the quiet core. The yoshi starts out around 96. That shows ya how loud it is.

cals400ex
08-11-2005, 04:22 PM
i have never tried the yosh but the full hmf's are nice for power. they aren't really expensive either. make sure you don't get a slip on. all of the slip ons we have tried are terrible for power. well, we only ran the hmf, WB R series, and a big gun. the full systems we tested all made more power from the instant you hit the gas until you get to the rev limiter. i would say the full hmf had a similar powerband as the sparks x-4. the x-6 is alright but you need a high revving cam with this pipe.

Dave400ex
08-11-2005, 05:20 PM
I know the HMF from C&D is $410.