PDA

View Full Version : best pipe for 300ex

redlineranger
08-08-2005, 10:33 PM
alright i bought a 300ex a few days ago and im ready to buy alot of stuff for it..... i need to know what the best pipe is(full system)...... ive herd that a hmf slip on, works good with the fmf powerbomb header, is this true?, does it bolt right up with the hmf slip on..... im not new to 4 wheelers but new to mods, so for any help, thanks in advance

Kyle

bwamos
08-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Full system, I'd reccomend in this order.

1) Curtis Sparks X-4 (if you plan on modding later)
2) TC Shorty (mods again)
3) HMF w/ WB (a proven combo) great for unmodded engines.

HMF w/ Powerbomb would probably work fine, the powerbomb is really a gimick though. Not a true gimick in the sense.. they do a little, but the benefit is next to nothing. The newer headers coming out in a year or so that have tuned chambers will be awsome though.

Sjorge450R
08-09-2005, 09:49 AM
i have a supertrapp ISD2 in the mail right now. I will let you know how it is when i get it. I heard that it is supposed to be great.

redlineranger
08-09-2005, 04:21 PM
thanks for the reply's any 1 else?.... oh and on the pipes that go along with engine mods. i'll prolly never do any motor work.... right now all i plan on buying is a pipe, nerfs, front bumber, tires, and k and n power up kit(jets and filter), and maybe later on a 330 kit, and a new cam but it'll be a long time before that happens..... i really like the hmf tho(i like the yellow cus it goes along with the color of the 4 wheeler)... and what kind of white bros header are u talkin bout.... one that goes with a E2 or E series?

and Sjorge yea tell me how that supertrapp sounds and how much more power u get out of it

Pvt. Maggot
08-09-2005, 05:28 PM
I have a t-4 shorty slipon for sale. Its def up there with the hmf and whatnot. great pipe only asking 100 shipped for it. :)

bwamos
08-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Yea, I beleive it's the e-series header everyone uses with the HMF. And, the HMF should work great for your needs and it's a bit quieter than the Sparks. Mught look into the quiet-race HMF can too. A few more $$$.. but you'll get a lot less greif from your neighbors. ;)

Ciqir
08-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Pvt. Maggot, PM'd ya on the muffler --thanks

redlineranger
08-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Yea, I beleive it's the e-series header everyone uses with the HMF. And, the HMF should work great for your needs and it's a bit quieter than the Sparks. Mught look into the quiet-race HMF can too. A few more $$$.. but you'll get a lot less greif from your neighbors. ;)

the neighbors call the dang cops all the time for my friends 400 with a full yoshie.. it is rather loud tho i could see why they would be mad, but the cops in this town just ride to the call and wave and tell us to stay off the road.... so how loud is the sport series hmf slip on(in decibels, and along with the WB header)... also can any1 else make a guarantee that they fit perfect with each other, cus i dont want to have to mod it to where it will fit

2muchquad
08-11-2005, 06:23 AM
graydon exhaust....period;)