PDA

View Full Version : sprocket alignment

fasterz
08-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Any tips on getting sprockets aligned so my chain will stay on, im doing a conversion bike. What can I use to make sure the chain is straight and the sprockets are aligned? Also it is an 80 motor, should I use the 80 motors radiator or use the bigger quad radiator?

RidrKFX
08-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Take a tape messure and go from the end of the axle where the hub slides on and mussure to the foot pet (if not bent) and ajust each side untill you have the same mussure ment on each side. I would use the larger one(better cooling)

fasterz
08-10-2005, 08:49 PM
yea but is it possible to use too big of a radiator?

jhoppa
08-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Use a straight edge and line it up with the engine drive sprocket and sprocket on the rear wheel. We do this on shifter karts all the time.

They also make a laser which attaches to the rear spocket to help align the chain. Straight edge is easier and quicker, or you can just line it up by using your eyeball. Then check at make sure the middle of the chain is centered on the spocket.

RidrKFX
08-10-2005, 09:56 PM
i wouldnt think that you could have a to big of radiator. The only thing that would cross my mind would be having a to small of a radiator.