PDA

View Full Version : trx 450/yzr 450 DESERT

RvrTricks
08-08-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm gonna start racing desert again. Last time was in 88 one a Honda 250... 34 now been outa the loop with a family. Which bike one answer. What i need to know (I know you ATV BRAINS will help) is what shops should i look at or part should I look at I.E. suspension, motor acc. etc should i go with?? Is there a site or page that I can find that has desert projects???? Please Please, I NEED your help.
Thank you,
Bill:)

hardkoratvmxr
08-08-2005, 07:57 PM
elka for shocks and go to duncan or prescion concepts i know they desert race or have xperience with that

TBD
08-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by RvrTricks
I'm gonna start racing desert again. Last time was in 88 one a Honda 250... 34 now been outa the loop with a family. Which bike one answer. What i need to know (I know you ATV BRAINS will help) is what shops should i look at or part should I look at I.E. suspension, motor acc. etc should i go with?? Is there a site or page that I can find that has desert projects???? Please Please, I NEED your help.
Thank you,
Bill:)
Give Erik at Rated X Motorsports a call(619)448-3738 or look on there website for the toll free number.

bradley300
08-08-2005, 10:38 PM
i'd say if your real serious about desert racing, get a ds650! the new raptor 700 or even the polaris outlaw should all make great desert quads

Vtr_Racing
08-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Still waiting on the verdict for the new Yamaha 700. We use the TRX 450r. The DS is a proven desert bike. A little heavy but its a great bike. Ask the guys who race them. Row, Greenholtz and Prosser have done great with it. If your used to the 250r than the 450r isnt a whole lot different. The 4 stroke takes a little getting used to to. We raced the 250r and got the 450r for last years Vegas to Reno. Suspension we use Laegers long travel in front with Elka quad rates prepped by Allen White at Precision Concepts. The rear is an Elka as well on a stock swinger. Motor is pretty much stock with a pipe. Desert seat, twist throttle, steering stabilizer. Longer steering stem. Roll design pegs. Make it as comfortable as you can.

Bill, send me a pm. Know of a 450r 4sale and its already set up for the dez.

08-09-2005, 01:21 PM
For the desert hands down right now best bike out there is the trx450r i race one in best in the desert got first at parker 250 and a second at the nevada 1000. the team for josh fredricks in the score series has won both the score rounds on a honda so far. I do all the suspension set-up for Eichner, Fredricks, Matlock, Pruell, Team GWC baja, Strunk, Row, Baker, Rueben Martin-santana-cono the bombardier team that swept 04 score series, myself and the list goes on but for a bike preference trx450.

atvtrailrider
08-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Wayne and Chad aren't doing too shabby on the Suzuki.

Time will tell but I think the Raptor 700 will be an excelent desert racer. Just put a YFZ long travel suspension on the front and go for it.