PDA

View Full Version : Sandfest-Little Sahara!!

DaleJrFan
08-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Who all plans on going and when? I cant make up my mind if I wanna go from Thursday and stay through Monday or just wait untill the next weekend. Waynoka.com shows all the private campsites already full so hopefully the weather is going to be good to stay in a tent. I have neve been to one of the big events up there but have gone the weekend after sandfest and snakehunt the last two years and had a blast. If there is going to be alot of people from this website there for sandfest, then maybe I will drive up for a day ride and not camp. Who all is going?

cjkranz
08-08-2005, 05:37 PM
better get there really early (days early) if you want a decent spot. They will be camping in the ditch!! Every little open place will have something crammed into it (trailer, truck, tent, quads, etc) Just be careful. It is a dangerous weekend.

1BADYFZ
08-08-2005, 06:17 PM
My buddy and I might go

L & L Racing
08-08-2005, 08:05 PM
i might go over uea weekend or something like that

kssandduner
08-08-2005, 09:12 PM
We're thinking about going the weekend after.

Joe

roostin_dale
08-08-2005, 09:16 PM
dont expect to ride during sandfest. There are so many people there its dangerous. I think at least 2 people died last year form collisions...

kssandduner
08-09-2005, 10:21 AM
dont expect to ride during sandfest. There are so many people there its dangerous
Yeah...that's why we're not going....too many people. If I'm making the drive all the way down there, I want to ride till I puke, and I don't want to have to worry about being mowed down by a sandrail or running into another quad every turn I make or hill I climb.

Joe

roostin_dale
08-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by kssandduner
Yeah...that's why we're not going....too many people. If I'm making the drive all the way down there, I want to ride till I puke, and I don't want to have to worry about being mowed down by a sandrail or running into another quad every turn I make or hill I climb.

Joe

yea..I think im gunna make the trip down with my 450r sometime between September and November....I will bring a couple friends on 450r's and 400ex's....

It's about a 14-16 hour trip but its well worth it...i love that place..

426ex
08-09-2005, 11:37 AM
We'll be down there in full force. Going down August 27 for a night ride and to leave the camper in a spot to keep it. We'll have 3 400ex's, 1 300ex, 4 DS-650's, a minibike, golfcart and anything else we can cram in. It's going to be the first big weekend for me. We are going Thursday thru Sunday for Sandfest. Can't wait.

kssandduner
08-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Going down August 27 for a night ride and to leave the camper in a spot to keep it.
You're going to leave your camper from August 27th till Sept 15?? Won't that be kind of expensive?? You should have a really good spot though.
Joe

DaleJrFan
08-09-2005, 06:08 PM
i know in the past that the state park rangers would only allow you to park your camper for no more than 14 days before making you change spots, be careful of this cause they made a buddy of mine change locations back at snake hunt after he had already paid like 400 plus dollars for camping trying to get a good spot leading up to the week of snake hunt. that was in the south campground right by the entrace though. he was pissed cause he was home steading for that spot and they made him move. by then, all the other good spots were filled. thats why for sandfest, he has a spot with a tent in it for the week before sandfest in someone elses name, so when he shows up, tent comes down and camper goes in that spot in his name.

426ex
08-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up. My brother-in-law has the camper and he thought it was a good idea to leave it that long. He has plenty of cash, but that won't help if they make us move when we get there. We like to setup in the south camp.

zephead400ex
08-12-2005, 07:29 PM
I know a group of us are going the weekend after Sandfest. I've been to Sandfest twice and don't really enjoy it either times. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind seeing the ta-ta's, but I can see them at home any day of the week, haha!

GoOn3
08-16-2005, 02:30 PM
nobody died last year at sandfest.
Bunch of drunks though! too many people to ride hard and fast for very long. weekend before or after should be more fun. I'm not even sure what sandfest is all about. Used to be about drag racing, but the track has been closed and wont be open. I guess it's just a time to gather the crazies. Sleeping in a tent sucks! It's loud all night long. Why is it when people fire up their quad or buddy, they have to rev the darn thing 10 times before they take off? 2am in the morning when this happens makes me want to knock the dude out.
screw sandfest - twice was enough for me. I learned my lesson.

roostin_dale
08-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
I know a group of us are going the weekend after Sandfest.

I think thats when me and a couple of my friends are headin down...

kssandduner
08-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Why is it when people fire up their quad or buddy, they have to rev the darn thing 10 times before they take off
HAHAHAHA....I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices this!!! I love the people that decide they need to tune the carbs on their volkswagen powered rails at three in the morning. Us tent users also hate the loud generators some of the camper people use. Most of the time if I ride hard all day, and than a few beers in the evening, I sleep like a baby! We're planning on making the trip down there the weekend after sandfest also, so maybe we can all hook up and ride.

Joe

roostin_dale
08-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by kssandduner
We're planning on making the trip down there the weekend after sandfest also, so maybe we can all hook up and ride.

Joe

Im gunna talk to my buddies tomorrow and try to set a date when we're going down...:devil:

spud400ex
08-16-2005, 09:28 PM
hey preston if you talkin about the bhq ride its 2 weeks after sandfest. im hopin to make that ride to

zephead400ex
08-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by spud400ex
hey preston if you talkin about the bhq ride its 2 weeks after sandfest. im hopin to make that ride to

It looks like we've scratched the weekend after Sandfest, and are going the last weekend in Sept which is the BHQ ride also. We are going to camp in the Cowboy campground.

Anyone else going this weekend?

aviator4
09-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey DaleJrFan

Whats up man? I've tried getting a hold of you several times, but can't seem to hook up. If you see this post before sandfest, let me know.

If you still want to head down for Sand Fest, let me know. I can pull a few strings and get you hooked up with us for a campsite to stay in. Where we're staying in South Camp, there will be PLENTY of room.. but I need to know ASAP.

aviator - a.k.a. Victor

DaleJrFan
09-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Hey Victor, Long time no see!! I have been real hit and miss cause of work. Thanks for the offer but I am probly just going up for a day ride on Saturday of Sandfest. I will try calling you later and see if we can hook up and ride while up there.

Steve

440ex dragger
09-12-2005, 03:55 PM
I am going with about 15 people, they are there already we will be leaving thursday out of Little Rock at 3:30. A bunch of banshees and 250R's with a few YFZ's. Look for a red and white 250R, I think we will be at the State Park between the Gas Station and the Shop.

DaleJrFan
09-12-2005, 07:21 PM
weather is suppose to be nice so hopefully there will be a decent turnout. as high as gas prices are, some people may shy away.

Chino886
09-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by DaleJrFan
weather is suppose to be nice so hopefully there will be a decent turnout. as high as gas prices are, some people may shy away.

according to their website, there is lots of standing water, i heard there was water at the bottom of every big dune except buttercup.

DaleJrFan
09-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Hey Victor, I am going to try to make it up there but no promises. With all the rain, I hope the dunes are in good shape to ride in.

Steve

kssandduner
09-19-2005, 01:00 PM
So how was the weekend???

DaleJrFan
09-19-2005, 01:18 PM
my buddy was went and he called me saturday afternoon saying it was just a busy weekend. most of the primitave camping was full but you could still get a spot. he said there was a lot of day riders but not as many campers as in the past sandfest's. accoridng to him, the dunes were rough and there wasnt any good drag racing to be bragging about. they got a lot of riding in and didnt have to worry about getting run over cause there wasnt the huge crowd that was accepted. i am going to try to go up one day this week while no one is there and spend a day riding.

aviator4
09-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Saandfest was nuts this year. The crowds weren't too bad.

Only one fatality that I know of. a Guy riding a Polaris 700 endoed his bike in the parking lot trying to do a front wheel "wheeliey" and it came over on him and killed him.

The crowds were not too bad. Lots of traffic on the dunes, but it wasn't too bad. Things got a little rowdy at night at the heel clicker.

The wet T-shirt contest was a big hit. Cops were called, yadda yadda...

All in all it was a good weekend. We were there with a guy that wrecked his DS650. He messed up his right A-Arms, and his knee dented in his radiator pretty good. We got it fixed well enough for him to ride, but he's gonna have a repair bill when he starts to tear into it.

DaleJrFan
09-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey Victor! Glad yall had a good time. How did the DS650 get wrecked like that? Sucks someone died though. We are suppose to go up as a group in October but I think Archie and I might go up sometime this week to spend a day.

Steve

aviator4
09-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Hey Steve, sorry you couldn't make it.

The guy that trashed his bike is an older guy. He was following a young kid on a 2 stroke who was hot-dogging, trying to stay up. The went over a steep dip and he didn't give it any gas, so he essentially landed nose first straight down. Threw him over the handlebars. On the way over, his knee hit the radiator and he took the full brunt of the impact at his chest (handlebars hit him right over the middle of the rib cage). The bike ended up on its' lid and he was knocked for a loop. Some other people hauled him off the sand and back to camp. He grabbed his Toyota truck and went out to retrieve the bike. It wasn't pretty.

I'd love to join you guys this week, but I've been up there for 3 weekends in a row now. I need to take a break. I am thinking about trying to put a trip to gether for the weekend of October 30th, but am waiting to see what the weather is going to be like out there.

You guys have fun and be safe! Tell the group I said "hi" and I hope to see you guys out there at least once before the riding season is over!

By the way... how are you liking your LRD pipe? Hope it's still treatin' you good!

DaleJrFan
09-19-2005, 02:21 PM
The LRD is awesome!! We are going to try to go up for halloween too. We were up there last year and had a good time. I had surgery the last week of July so I have only rode for like 2 hours since so I am ready to go now. See ya soon.

aviator4
09-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Cool! Maybe we'll see you out there!

Bansheegal
09-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by aviator4
Saandfest was nuts this year. The crowds weren't too bad.

Only one fatality that I know of. a Guy riding a Polaris 700 endoed his bike in the parking lot trying to do a front wheel "wheeliey" and it came over on him and killed him.

The crowds were not too bad. Lots of traffic on the dunes, but it wasn't too bad. Things got a little rowdy at night at the heel clicker.

The wet T-shirt contest was a big hit. Cops were called, yadda yadda...

All in all it was a good weekend. We were there with a guy that wrecked his DS650. He messed up his right A-Arms, and his knee dented in his radiator pretty good. We got it fixed well enough for him to ride, but he's gonna have a repair bill when he starts to tear into it.

Actually the fatality happend right infront of our camp site.. He was on an Arctic Cat ATV. We saw the whole thing. He wasn't acting like an idiot, and trying to do tricks at all.. It was very sad. We had to give a statement w/ the rangers office later that night.. This was my first year to go and it was great, missed the wet T-shirt contest, must have been down by the bar area.. I can't wait for next year!

aviator4
09-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I was getting my info second-hand.

Can you give us the wholes story?

Bansheegal
09-20-2005, 09:51 AM
Well, we had just got back in from riding and we were all hanging out, our camp site was on the side street off the main "drag", near the apparal shop.. he was putting along not even acting a fool and next thing you know the ATV went *** over and it squished him, literally.. People came running over, and the K-9 cop was coming down the main road by the time the 4 people lifted the bike off of him i could tell it was bad. he puked everywhere, his head was cocked at a funny angle.. I had to walk away. I could tell it was bad.

My boyfriends cousin stuck around in case they needed a report etc.. and said that he talked to someone who had the same type of ATV and the brake system is the type that locks all 4 brakes when you pull the lever, sort of a tranny lock i guess.. We think that maybe the bike malfunctioned and caused it to flip.. then again who knows. The ranger came by and told us later that night he had died...no info on the type of injury that caused the death, but it is still no bueno..

We plan on going back, but maybe not for Sandfest, we don't know. I would love to go back for it....it's just that some dumb *****es were testing and tuning their banshees at 5 AM and drag racing in the camp areas.. i ike to have fun and all, but come on!! I like to sleep a little bit too! LOL

All in all i had a blast, my 1st sandfest and I made it home in one piece LOL

honduh440
09-20-2005, 10:02 AM
We have a good group going october 15 and 16th weekend. Should be perfect weather.

Bansheegal
09-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Aww man, that would be awesome, except it's a 10 - 12 hour drive for us.. I don't know if it will be that soon. BUT.. I might be able to talk him into doing it for my birthday.. would be cheaper than what i really want for a gift LOL

We got there the Wed before Sandfest and it was great weather as well, sandfest got kinda hot... I'd hate to go in the dead of summer.. :eek2:

jlm996s
09-20-2005, 10:18 AM
I saw the guy on the Arctic Cat wreck also. I had to give a statement too. Two of my friends helped get the quad off of him. I had just came in from the dunes were I had witnessed another one of my friends T-bone his Cannondale into the side of a Banshee with a guy and a girl on it. They hauled off the girl, but I think she only needed stitches to the side of her head. I didn't ride anymore after that...didn't feel like riding much. Another one of my friends hit a new YFZ with his Cannondale and trashed the frame, he didn't get hurt though. It was a bad weekend for our group!

Bansheegal
09-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by jlm996s
I saw the guy on the Arctic Cat wreck also. I had to give a statement too. Two of my friends helped get the quad off of him. I had just came in from the dunes were I had witnessed another one of my friends T-bone his Cannondale into the side of a Banshee with a guy and a girl on it. They hauled off the girl, but I think she only needed stitches to the side of her head. I didn't ride anymore after that...didn't feel like riding much. Another one of my friends hit a new YFZ with his Cannondale and trashed the frame, he didn't get hurt though. It was a bad weekend for our group!

Oh no!! I am so sorry to hear that, we saw a cannondale out on the dunes wrecked out but no one was around it.. We saw a few accidents and it kind of put me back a little bit... Just something about beer and ridin that don't mix well for me.. but that's just me..

We must have practicaly been neighbors!

jlm996s
09-20-2005, 10:50 AM
We must have practicaly been neighbors!

Must have. We were north of the apperal shop were the main strip splits off. There were some kids in our group that kept shooting girls with water guns.

426ex
09-20-2005, 11:01 AM
We were at the south camp south of the showers. Didn't see that accident....a shame though. We did see lifewatch saturday afternoon fly someone out, and a guy bit it drag racing at the south end and was hauled off in a neck brace. Saw a banshee jump and land breaking his axle. He walked away unhurt. It was my first big weekend, and we had a blast. It did get a little crowded on the trails sat. night. We about got head on and t-boned a few times. Figured that was enough reason to hang it up and drink some beer back at camp.

jlm996s
09-20-2005, 11:04 AM
After I witnessed all the crashes....I hung up my helmet and sat by the road drinking beer and watching everyone drive past. I'm ready to go back, but not ready for the crowds!

DaleJrFan
09-20-2005, 11:09 AM
all the horror stories is exactly why I dont go to big events. something about people leaving their commonsense at the city limit of waynoka or something. accidents can happen anytime but i stay away from the crowded weekends.

DaleJrFan
09-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Hey Bansheegal, where are yall from? We go riding in Texas alot and was curious in you know any good spots.

Bansheegal
09-20-2005, 12:40 PM
HA! I was squirted by those water guns!!! We were driving thru and i got blasted like 3 times.. it felt great!! LOL Our camp site was next to the big lot that is next to the apparal shop.. I think i will enjoy it alot more on a non-event weekend. I am getting older and the mardi gras of quads just got to be too much..

We are in the Houston area.. not too many tracks still open for us folks who own quads.. but i think the STQRA( South Texas Quad Racing Assoc.) is trying to fix that. We usually just ride at the MX tracks that will let us, we have no sand and nothing really fun to ride in, unless you like mud...there are a few places to ride your 4x4.. I know there are a few places waaaay north of here that are great to ride at and even some in san antonio.. I read in Dirt Wheels that there is some sand in Kermit texas, but have no clue where it is..

jlm996s
09-20-2005, 12:47 PM
HA! I was squirted by those water guns!!! We were driving thru and i got blasted like 3 times.. it felt great!!

Some people got really pissed! They were just having fun.

Some of the people from our group are from San Angelo.....they go to Kermit some. They say it's fun, but the dunes aren't as big. They say camping is a lot better at Little Sahara. One of these days I'll make a trip down there.

Bansheegal
09-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Hmm, i might have to look into Kermit.. granted the dunes may not be big, but it might be closer than 12 hours driving.. lol Plus, im still not too sure about hte big dunes, i tried them, didn't like them too much... I feel as htough i need more practice getting over the fear of what lays onthe other side of the dune.. lol But at least i tried! The smaller ones were great for roostin and the little trials and stuff were awesome too..

I was squirted by so many water guns and hoses it wasn't funny.. but youre out for a good time, your hot and sandy, it's only water!! Better than the drunks woo hooing at every female riding by..

jlm996s
09-20-2005, 01:05 PM
The drunks do get annoying. I'm not sure if I'll go back during a big weekend again or not. I'm kinda growing out of the partying phase. We went last spring during an off weekend and we had a blast. You didn't have to worry as much about other people. We mostly ride the trails, but we play some on the big dunes. I was kinda nervous about the big dunes at first, but you get used to them.

Bansheegal
09-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by jlm996s
The drunks do get annoying. I'm not sure if I'll go back during a big weekend again or not. I'm kinda growing out of the partying phase. We went last spring during an off weekend and we had a blast. You didn't have to worry as much about other people. We mostly ride the trails, but we play some on the big dunes. I was kinda nervous about the big dunes at first, but you get used to them.

I did start to get used to them a little.. but there were so many buggies etc.. i just stuck to what i was comfortable with.. Better that way. I am still a new rider, sorta.. had warriors before etc.. but those weren't really anyhting. Now we got the banshee coz the boy friend missed his and we have the 450.. he liked the banshee better on the sand, but his 450 was pretty kick ***** as well, the banshee was a softer ride lol

Sucks getting older, but what can ya do?! lol We got in Wed afternoon and the riding was perfect up until about friday night.. Definetly think a slow weekend would be best

conway400
09-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Hey! Couple of things:

That is aweful about that guy. I was one of the two that pulled the quad off of him. He was talking, all be it poorly, when I stepped away. I hate that. Scares me for my kids.

Speaking of kids, mine were the ones with the water guns! Everyone was very cool with it except one guy. (The kids weren't the only ones squirting either.) :)

Bansheegal has the right attitude. :)

Bansheegal
09-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by conway400
Hey! Couple of things:

That is aweful about that guy. I was one of the two that pulled the quad off of him. He was talking, all be it poorly, when I stepped away. I hate that. Scares me for my kids.

Speaking of kids, mine were the ones with the water guns! Everyone was very cool with it except one guy. (The kids weren't the only ones squirting either.) :)

Bansheegal has the right attitude. :)

I didn't get close enuff to hear him talking.. pretty much couldnt take looking at it because those things get to me.. and my boy friend was telling me to go sit down.. that they will take care of him... I am always afraid of getting that kind of call.. I feel for his wife and children. :(

Kids will be kids, i saw,heard etc.. alot worse than water guns.. heck, i wish i had the idea! LOL

SirBANE
09-20-2005, 02:39 PM
I was the other guy that pulled the ATV off the guy, and the other guy with the squirt guns :)

happyboy
09-20-2005, 02:41 PM
I was another with a water gun....and a water cup. :)

Sandfest is fun but it is just tooo crowded to be safe. I had never had a close call before and went well past that this time. I am the cannondale guy that went head to head with a brand new 06 YFZ. Poor YFZ, guy said it was his first ride out on it. We hit almost head on, like 15 degrees off. We were in the trail system on a straight away when he came around the turn. We both had no time to do anything.

Bansheegal
09-20-2005, 02:50 PM
OMG! Happyboy!! I am glad y'all were ok!

It's a small world.. or a small internet should I say.. lol

I think we were all around the same areas lol

SirBANE
09-20-2005, 02:53 PM
BTW conway400 you need to update you user name to conway 450 :)

DaleJrFan
09-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Bansheegal, Kermit is way out in west Texas. I dont know where in the Houston area your from but I am sure it is a haul eiter way. I was born and raised in Kemp, 45 miles SE of Dallas. My family and friends still live there. Military brought me to OKC.

You were talking about close calls on trails, one time i was on the east fence in broad daylight leading a really fast group of about 6 when two guys were parked side-by-side under a tree right in the middle of a downhill curve. I came around the curve fast enough to be in 3rd when I seen them with about 20 yards to spare. I locked it up and went to the left and ended up flipping my quad in to the tree. My best buddy was right behind me and had no choice but to go the the right straight down a embankment. After the two of us wrecked, they thought it was still a good idea to remain where they were at and the 3rd and 4th parties in out group came around the corner skidding it side ways into a nice little pile of quads. The two guys had the balls to wanna fight right there in the middle of the dunes. After alot of s**t talking and the fact they were out numbered 6 big boys to 2 small idiots, they wised up and left. Got to be carefull out there no matter where you are at on the dunes.

zephead400ex
09-20-2005, 08:42 PM
^^I've never understood why people park at the bottom of a hill to let their bikes cool.:confused: There is more air at the top of a dune, plus it is safer. But, I guess the majority of the people who ride on the dunes aren't very intelligent.:ermm:

Bansheegal
09-21-2005, 06:48 AM
I looked into Kermit yesterday and it's only about an hour closer than Little Sahara... We still might take a trip out thre, why not?!

I am always so cautious when it comes to riding it isn't funny! Sure you have flags on your quad, but if you are in a low lying area in trees to boot, no one will see you. We had a 13 year old with us and he would constantly do this, and not pay attention to where he was going. Not only was he always in my way while i was riding but several times he came close to buggies and other quads just coz he was not paying attention. We got on him so much about it but it didn't phase him.. Our next trip will be 13 year old free i believe.. LOL Too much stress to worry about, and he wasn't even our child..

440ex dragger
09-25-2005, 09:43 PM
did anybody see the red Z-71 that was out in the dunes a couple times? I was one of the guys that was in it. Kinda seemed like the rangers had it out for us this year we definatly had a blast even though one of our buddies went to jail, and two more got trasporting open container tickets.

conway400
09-26-2005, 09:40 AM
I think that the rangers were just at an advantage for a change because of the lower numbers this year. They could keep up better, so they were seen A LOT.

I think the numbers were down because camping was closed along the road, the weekend dates were different and a little confusing for some, and gas prices. Just my opinion, though. :)

aviator4
09-26-2005, 09:43 AM
Actually, the number's weren't down this year. It was a record turnout for Sandfest. - At least for the shops up there it was. Every shop but Jim's Sand Toys, who was closed the majority of the weekend... like an idiot.

conway400
09-26-2005, 11:27 AM
I believe it, but would have guessed otherwise. It didn't seem really crowded once you got away from the gate - even in the park.

Yee-Haw_400EX
10-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by SirBANE
I was the other guy that pulled the ATV off the guy, and the other guy with the squirt guns :)
Hey, you do much riding in Pickles Gap?

HAHAH. I'm from near Fayetteville and I went to a wedding in Pickles Gap this summer. I only gave myself just over 2 hours to get down there. I blasted down the Pig Trail and ran over 80 on I-40. Made it.

happyboy
10-05-2005, 09:53 PM
wasn't crowed? Tell that to my quad!! Poor little frame. But, I should have a new frame in the next week or so..... :macho

I still wish the guy with the YFZ would get on the forums!! I want to know what happened to it. :)

29FTEX
10-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Yee-Haw_400EX
Hey, you do much riding in Pickles Gap?

HAHAH. I'm from near Fayetteville and I went to a wedding in Pickles Gap this summer. I only gave myself just over 2 hours to get down there. I blasted down the Pig Trail and ran over 80 on I-40. Made it.

Pickles Gap is about 7-8 miles from my house.

Corey, did you get an '06 yet? If you didn't, you know Travis needs to. :D

Sell that 440ex, Travis!!! It's time to just let go! :D

conway400
10-10-2005, 08:03 AM
No - but I want an 06! I just upgraded my wife's to a 250 EX and my oldest boy to a Blaster. I think I spent my allotment for the year. :)

29FTEX
10-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Cool deal, Corey.

I'm out of the 4 wheeler business for now, and it doesn't look like we'll be heading out to LS anytime soon. Larry just has an old bone stock 400ex, if you can believe that.

Barlow just bought another 250R, and I may strip it down and fix it up for him, since he liked what I did with the '89 250R I had a few years ago. Although he's going to go all out with a possible drag only set up, big engine and all (possibly a Saber). He'll never give up.