PDA

View Full Version : Should i get a 400ex?

yammy350rider
08-08-2005, 05:18 PM
I let my girlfriend ride my warrior the other day and shes hooked, so im looking for a new quad and was wondering about the 400ex. I know its reliable and everything but i was wondering how reliable it is after parts. I will probly only put a pipe,air filter, and cam into it. Will that give me alot of power? Will it take away the reliablity? Thanks.

USAF Dirtboy
08-08-2005, 05:36 PM
400ex is a great choice!!!! When you say reliablity you think of 400ex, but with aftermarket parts...I think it is just as relable, as stock. Just as long as you change the oil and keep the maintenace up you should be fine. I have never had a breakdown on mine yet

yammy350rider
08-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Ok Thanks. I think im going to get an 04 or older because i like the look of those better than the 05's.

Jason250ex
08-08-2005, 06:45 PM
some dealerships still have new 04's and their sellin CHEAP!

2004exrider
08-08-2005, 06:54 PM
i have the same mods you want to do and so does my friend, and their both extremely reliable! cam, filter, and slip on exhaust really opened it up im pretty happy with the performance.

Jimmy

yammy350rider
08-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
i have the same mods you want to do and so does my friend, and their both extremely reliable! cam, filter, and slip on exhaust really opened it up im pretty happy with the performance.

Jimmy

Thanks. I was wondering if you guys think the LTE Exhaust is a good one to get. I want duels and i dont know any other company that makes them. Can ya help me out with that.

2004exrider
08-08-2005, 08:21 PM
you will here good and bad about it. its not to loud, looks awesome, good power, barely any back pressure. but a lot will tell you its way to expensive ($700 or so), it'd be cheaper just to get a full system (HMF, white brothers, curtis sparks, etc) and get the same amount of power, and its more weight and you have to relocate your battery. i like the looks of them though, they look awesome!

Jimmy

yammy350rider
08-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
you will here good and bad about it. its not to loud, looks awesome, good power, barely any back pressure. but a lot will tell you its way to expensive ($700 or so), it'd be cheaper just to get a full system (HMF, white brothers, curtis sparks, etc) and get the same amount of power, and its more weight and you have to relocate your battery. i like the looks of them though, they look awesome!

Jimmy

Oh i didnt know u had to relocate the battery. I was just in it for the looks. So ill probly go with the HMF or White Bros. I have a white bros on my Warrior and i like the sound but i like the looks of the HMF better. Thanks for the info.

Joe400ex
08-09-2005, 12:05 PM
I have a LRD full system and man did it make a huge diff or what. and just sounds great. its very deep throaty and has a loud deep pitch noise in it when fully opened. good luck with everything post a pic when u get one

400exc
08-09-2005, 01:58 PM
its a good choice, when i had mine stock, even now, no problems, excpet for changin the oil, etc. like that

yammy350rider
08-09-2005, 04:49 PM
The warrior is also reliable. well when i bought it the rings were fried so i had a buddy rebuild the engine and after i got all the kinks worked out, like new sprokets, starter, tires ect. everything has been fine. It is very reliable if you treat it right.

eslride1
08-10-2005, 03:57 PM
when you get the lte exhaust it comes with an aluminum airbox that will fit the battery so i dont think its too hard to relocate, but they are definately expensive