PDA

View Full Version : WB or Big Gun?

87Warrior
06-04-2002, 06:07 PM
for a 300ex, i know this has been asked a lot but im between the two, the BG is cheaper and better made (ceramic coating) but most likely louder, where the WB has a nice sound to it (never heard BG) and has discs(which im thinkin to be a bad thing)

im not concered about loudness as long as its not rediclulusly loud, and if it has a nice sound (like with the WB, i can hear each stroke separate).

of corse i need the most power, from low to top more toward top

no hurry, i don't even have the quad yet.

06-04-2002, 07:26 PM
I have the BG slip on, and I had my stock head pipe ceramic coated. The WB in my opinion is louder(throatier). The BG, in my opinion, sounds like a stock harley. Ceramic coating is a big plus, and discs are a pain in the butt. The BG has a screen type s/a so you never need to remove it. The discs act as your s/a, so you have to pull them off if want to run open. My buddy's dad has had a problem with the bolts stripping out the WB too. Hope I helped.

phatswinn
06-04-2002, 07:33 PM
definetly the wb pro-meg i love mine

87Warrior
06-05-2002, 01:04 PM
anyone else???

Punk13rym
06-05-2002, 04:31 PM
i have the complete BG race and it makes a big difference

TRX250EXER
06-09-2002, 02:59 PM
I have a couple friends that have 300ex's that have the WB full system and they love it. And if you want to run open you just take out the LAST disk. all the others are hollow. But then its LOUD. Plus the screen types gets clogged up easier after a long time. Probaly have to clean it out a couple times a year. And I think the WB gives more hp gains. not sure. I love the disks. You can adjust where you want the power gains. If you want the top end you can get more disks and longer screws from WB.

yellowrider
06-09-2002, 06:31 PM
i am not a white brother fan at all i had it on my 300ex and did not like it striped screws some didnt want to come out .. way to loud and also pisssed off alot of my neighbors!!

why dont you get the fmf q core cause i heard they arent to loud

06-09-2002, 06:42 PM
i know in hte 400ex pipe shootout hte BG wasn't even that good, the WB wasn't the 2nd best pipe, i'd say go WB

TRX250EXER
06-10-2002, 10:16 AM
The screws wont get stuck if you put on the antiseize creme on the screws each time you take them out. Otherwise the heat will seize them up. And make sure their not cross threaded. It doesnt take a lot of brains to know how to take good care of your ****.

06-10-2002, 01:34 PM
white Bros. all the way!