PDA

View Full Version : Another riding boots thread

K2Snow
08-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Yea yea, another newb question. Never rode with riding boots on the quad and recently got a bike. Everyone tells me I need to get some real boots or I'll be sorry. So I went out and bought a pair of Thor Quadrants. First of all, how far up your leg should the boots go? They nearly go up my entire calf and tend to hit the underside of my thigh when I bend my knee. Haven't ridden with them yet, but it seems like upshifting is going to be nearly impossible. I wear a shoe size 9 and the guy at the dealership recommended these boots in a size 10. Like an idiot, I didn't try on the 9s but the 10s feel fine and snug. Would the 9s be that much shorter on my leg? I know I have to break the boots in and such, but can someone confirm the fit is at least close to being right?

MXracer16
08-08-2005, 03:50 PM
You should always get a little bit bigger boots then your shoe. And another thing, my boots only go up to about 2 inches below my knee. Upshifting wont be a problem, just move the shifter up a few notches. The fit is fine, dont worry about it.