PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions??

trx416m
08-08-2005, 02:16 PM
I race my 400ex in hare scrambles and after my quad gets pretty warm and i go through some mud or water only probly 2 inches deep and it splashes all over it, the engine skips and sputters until it starts to dry now i think it is electrical but im not sure where i already unhooked the stock kill switch on the handlebars and i have a pro desing kill switch thats hooked up also. Any ideas on wat it might be??
thanx

FoxRacing81
08-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Sounds to me like either the water is splashing onto ur air filter and clogging the air flow.....or its something electrical.

trx416m
08-08-2005, 03:21 PM
i dont think it was my air filter bc i has an outerwear and it was freshly cleaned and its only got a few little holes in the top of the air box so yea i think its electrical just not sure wat electrical spot i plan on spraying water on each electrical piece after its warmed up to see if i can find where its shorting out

Pvt. Maggot
08-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Make sure your plug boot is tight. Check all your connections. grounds ect.

trx416m
08-08-2005, 07:25 PM
ok thanx my friend told me sumthing like that he said to spray silicone on where the plug boot touches the white part of the plug so no mud or water can get in there to ruin the conection but i still need to check everything out