PDA

View Full Version : Bad Seat Fit

nwi45
08-08-2005, 12:24 PM
My seat at the top/front, by the tank fits real bad. It sits pretty far away and leaves a large gap. Is there anyway I could bolt it down or secure it somehow so it gets rid of the gap? Any input would be appreciarted. Thanks.

cbennett86250r
08-08-2005, 01:40 PM
mine is the same.. :(

nacs400ex
08-08-2005, 06:09 PM
I have the same problem on my R. It looks okay, but I'd rather have it touching the the tank at the top, it would have a more proper look.

450RGNCC
08-08-2005, 06:42 PM
That is just one problem that there isnt a good fix to, you just have to deal with the gap, I have it too.

nwi45
08-08-2005, 08:56 PM
What about threading something into the seat pan, then something into the tank, and thread them together?

I can't find a good way to explain that lol ^

JTRtrx250r
08-09-2005, 01:19 AM
I didnt have the problem either untill I swapped an 86 and 87 seat covers, now both have the prob a little bit so Im wondering if its from the covers being too tight or something:confused:

the other mystery is the gap between the fenders, even w/ new grommets:confused:

XCredrider
08-09-2005, 04:42 AM
you could get a front seat latch off of a D/B or any other quad and have a piece on the seat that hooks to the tank os it hold it down. Just a thought.

200386250r
08-09-2005, 10:26 AM
I have the same problem. Mine is caused from the seat cover shrinking. I was thinking about putting on a new seat cover and trying to bend the plastic seat pan back into shape.

cbennett86250r
08-09-2005, 12:00 PM
i actually took my seat off.. and turned it upside down, and started jumping up and down on it... yeah.. it didnt help at all..

nwi45
08-09-2005, 12:08 PM
XCredrider

What quads have front seat latches? This sounds like an idea I might just try. I wouldn't care if the seat just looked bad, but it effects the way I lean in corners. Thanks.

XCredrider
08-10-2005, 09:29 PM
i know that my suuzuki has a little hook stiking out of the seat pan and it has a piece of metal shped like an n that is bolted onto the tank. I will try to get pics of it when my bro gets home with the camera. I know all dirtbikes are hooked to the tank though. If you cut the tab off of the suzuki you could use one of those plastic welder things to weld the hook on to teh seat pan and then screw to screews into the tank and plastic weld those so you dont have any leaks. I twill take some cutting but it would work pretty good in the end. I just remembered that dirtbike seat pans have dips cut into them for the seat to hook to. So if you used the latch piece off of a d/b you could cut a hole into the seat pan in the shape of an oval that is larger on one end and tapers down. The latch on the dirtbikes are circles so that would slide into place and it would hold it down nicely. Those are two ways that may need modifying a little but they should come out nice. Hope i helped and didnt just cause confusion.. :p

nwi45
08-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Little bit confused, but I think I got the jist. What Suzuki are you talking about? Does anyone know a model that for sure has a seat latch? Cause I'll probably just order one and see what I can do. Thanks.

XCredrider
08-11-2005, 11:13 AM
i was talking about an LT250R. Now that i think about it the only way to do it would be to buy a D/B seat latch. You would have to cut a small hole in the bottom of your seat pan but it would work the best. I dont think the suzuki latch would work because if the latch sticks out then that would just hold the seat away from the tank and it would defeat the purpose. I hope this helps. I wish i could get pics of whhat im talking about. :ermm: