PDA

View Full Version : What DualSport bike should i get?

660WickedRappy
08-08-2005, 10:36 AM
alright guys, i wanna get a dual sport bike to ride around on the dirt roads and stuff around me without having to worry about the cops, what do you think is the best bike for 80% offroad 20% on. i want something for mostly trails, little jumping/screwing around on, and a little bit of road use...what do you guys think?

i heard from my dad that honda came out with a crf450 street legal conversion kit that costs like 75 bucks, the kit has like turn signals and stuff in...is this true and if it is do you think this is the way to go? or do you think a YZF or a xr650 or something? i dont know, let me know what u think

plkmonster2
08-08-2005, 11:00 AM
I know that here in washington, you have to have a bike that is legal from the factory. I would get the xr650L, or the larger zuki, If you can find it still. I don't know if it is still in production. It was the 350.

SRH
08-08-2005, 03:44 PM
id get one of those new suzuki 400 thats half supermoto half dual sport, pretty cool looking bike

or g et a ktm exc bike and convert it over so u can ride it on the road, otherwise dual sports just suck, they suck on the road and suck off road.... the diff between converting a crf, yzf, etc is there title says offroad use only and i dont beleive ktms do....