PDA

View Full Version : Need Pics oF Yoshi Head Pipe

NVR2L8
06-04-2002, 04:24 PM
I'm thinking about getting a Yoshimura head pipe to go along with my Yoshi slip-on, but before I do, I'd like to see some pics of it to make sure there's enough clearance to fit along with my Pingry oil tank. Does anyone have a pics of a Yoshi head pipe on a 400EX?

BTW: If a Yoshi will fit along with a Pingry, then I'll be in the market to sell my brand new Cermachromed (ceramic/chromed) Powerbomb...

gojk
06-05-2002, 03:14 PM
As far as I know, the Yoshi Headpipe has to be bought as a complete system. They don't make one to go with the slip on. If you can get one, I would def go with Yosh rather than FMF.

NVR2L8
06-05-2002, 03:21 PM
After calling Yoshimura last week, I found that they do make a head pipe that will fit on the Comp Series stainless slip-on. From what the tech person told me, it's the same head pipe for the 400EX found on the complete system, but instead uses a mid pipe to fit onto the Comp slip-on. It's true though, that typically you have to buy a complete system if you want the head pipe, but in the case of the 400EX, they do make a separate head pipe set up. I can provide the part number if anyone is interested.

gojk
06-05-2002, 04:30 PM
Please post it. I would like to know it. Also, is the is new. WHen I called them, they said no way.

NVR2L8
06-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Well, here's the story...

I bought a FMF Powerbomb head pipe, and while it was out being ceramic coated, I went to remove the stock head pipe/FMF "Q" exhaust system. I ran into trouble went taking it apart though, because the head pipe had decided to rust itself inside my FMF "Q" muffler. So, the only way I could separate the two, was to cut the head pipe off a few inches away from where it goes into the muffler...to date I still haven't been able to get the head pipe out of the "Q".

Since I had to cut the exhaust system apart I was then in the market for a new muffler to go along with my Powerbomb, so I decided to buy a Yoshimura Stainless Comp Series slip-on. After getting all of the parts together and installing it though, I found that when bolting down the Yoshi, it pushed the Powerbomb up against the rear shock...no matter what I tried the two parts just didn't want to go together correctly without the pipe/shock clearance problem.

Anyway, I called Yoshimura to ask their opinion why I was having this problem, and/or if maybe there was a different mid pipe I could get, but the only thing we could think of was to go with either a full FMF or full Yoshi system. Since I'm not the biggest fan of FMF's products, I asked about getting just a head pipe. The guy said the same thing about having to get a full Yoshi system, but when he looked up the cost he found a 400EX head pipe that would work with the Comp Series stainless muffler. So I ordered on through Denton Racing for $200.

Lastly, the Yoshimura part number you want is EX460SRRH. You might want to call Yoshimura at 909-628-4722 to make sure this pipe will fit onto the model of Yoshi muffler you have. Even if they say it won't, it could probably be modified to work by fabbing a different mid pipe.