PDA

View Full Version : Lakota Will Not Start Please Help

SCOOBY14
08-07-2005, 09:04 PM
I HAVE A KASASAKI LAKOTA 300 AND I CAN NOT GET IT TO CRANK FOR NOTHING I LOADED IT UP AND IT WAS RUNNING FINE WHEN I WENT TO UNLOAD IT IT WOULD NOT CRANK I THOUGHT IT WAS THE SPARK BLUG BUT IT IS GETTING FIRE BUT TO BE ON THE SAFE SID I REPLACED IT BUT STILL IT DIDN;T CRANK SO I TOOK THE CARB OFF AND LEANED IT BUT IS STILL DOESN'T WANT TO EVEN ACT LIKE IT WANTS TO START I PUT GAS ON THE SPARK PLUG AND IT STILL DOESN;T WANT TO TRY TO CRANK WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE HELP ME

enduro400rider
08-08-2005, 11:16 AM
check your oil. do you have any? might have seized up if its not turning over. or you may need to get a new gear on you starter or some thing simple likt that. id say crank it over by hand and see if its seized. just push it down a concrete road in 4 th gear. just hold the shift all the way up so it will roll. after you get it rolling at a decent speed drop the shifter down. it should eather crank over the motor or if its seized it will just stop

SCOOBY14
08-08-2005, 02:14 PM
it is not seized up it just seems like it is not getting enough fire or gas or somthing i turns over fine i was wondering if it could be out of timing ?

hotrodbelair
08-08-2005, 02:26 PM
is it a good spark or does it seem week. is there any gas on the plug or is it dry. same thing happend to me when my 440 was sitting for a while i changed the plug and still wouldnt start i beat on the carb a little bit cause it wasnt gettin any gas it worked but still acts up every once in a while like its running lean. and when i thought i had spark i didnt have enough i fiddled around with the gap on the plug for a while and finally got it to start

SCOOBY14
08-08-2005, 03:47 PM
it seems to be getting enough spark but not enough gas i have cleaned the carb but it still doesn't get enough gas to fire what can i do i have cleaned the jets and soaked it in carb cleaner for a week and still doesn't seem to get enough to the spark plug

the plug is wet but i have yet to see this bike fire enough to start or sound like it is going to start

enduro400rider
08-08-2005, 05:47 PM
well if you dont think its getting gas try this, my 400ex wasnt gettin gas and i did this and it worked. turn off your gas, unhook the gas line to you carb but un hook it at the petcock, so the line is still connected to the carb. the put the tube in your mouth and blow. that should clean it out if theres somethin in it. you could also use a blow gun on an air compressor too. the carb on my 400ex acts up sumtimes and that always seems to fix it

SCOOBY14
08-08-2005, 07:58 PM
I WILL TRY THIS THANKS HOPEFULLY IT WILL WORK THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP