PDA

View Full Version : how many HP and top speed

gitrdonechevy25
08-07-2005, 07:47 PM
how many horsepower does a 350 raptor wit only a GYT-R racing pipe have and wat do u think the top speed wood be

yamaharaptor350
08-08-2005, 04:43 PM
about 25hp and it would hit about 65 i think

DSWwarrior350
08-08-2005, 05:26 PM
22-24 horsepower, depending on jetting or intake mods. Top speed=low 60's, by just adding a pipe it doesnt really give you any more top speed. Maybe at the most a fraction of a mph, but thats only because the motor is opened up more and free flowing. The only way to add speed is by changing sprockets or tires.

JRP
08-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by DSWwarrior350
22-24 horsepower, depending on jetting or intake mods. Top speed=low 60's, by just adding a pipe it doesnt really give you any more top speed. Maybe at the most a fraction of a mph, but thats only because the motor is opened up more and free flowing. The only way to add speed is by changing sprockets or tires.

agrred

Quad Dude
08-09-2005, 09:44 PM
The only way to add speed is by changing sprockets or tires.

thats not exatly true i run stock gearing on my 400ex and it has a built motor and it will out run my buddies 400ex with a pipe and geared up when we ae wide open on the road. and when we run the same gear i can ride wheelies past him when he is wide open

DSWwarrior350
08-09-2005, 09:49 PM
You must have had your 400ex pegged, i didnt say that your couldnt gain speed with mods, because you can just not very much at all. For large speed and acceleration gains you have to change the sprockets.:o

xrxmxcx
08-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by DSWwarrior350
You must have had your 400ex pegged, i didnt say that your couldnt gain speed with mods, because you can just not very much at all. For large speed and acceleration gains you have to change the sprockets.:o

agreed

again:eek2:

maybe what your seeing is that your getting there faster, and you have much greater acceleration with your mods

unless you are maxed out in last gear, which i doubt

yammy350rider
08-10-2005, 05:03 PM
I dont know about the horsepower but my warrior did 65 with my white bros on and now that i got the 14t in front im not sure how fast she will go but im sure it aint that much faster.

Blue250X
08-29-2005, 05:06 PM
actually if you get a top end pipe that really revs, you can see even higher mph numbers. The wind can be holding you and your bike back and the stockness of it might not be able to over come that. The top end pipe will definatley give you a higher top speed

redlineranger
08-29-2005, 06:15 PM
i almost bought a raptor 350 not to long ago and i did a lot of reading on them and there wus a comparison of the raptor 350 vs the warrior..... with the weight shavings they made, the new pipe, bigger carb, and what ever else wus done, they showed that the stock raptor 350 overall wus 5mph faster than a stock warrior.... the warrior doin 62-63 average and the raptor averaging 67-68 on flat road drags.. they dragged 5 times and each time the same results, equal riders and everything. if i rememberd the site i would give you the link and let you look at it but unfortunately i dont remember it

so that bein said i want to say around 68 if your not on and uphill incline or anything of that nature.... sorry i went into so much detail about speed and all that, but on the site i seen they didnt show the horsepower for what reason i donno

i personally would look into a better pipe if i wus you... i hear that the gytr is sh*t, i'd look at a yoshimura im pretty sure that'd give it alot better low and mid range gain than the gytr;)