PDA

View Full Version : headpipe ??

troutman561
08-07-2005, 06:55 PM
i have the fmf powercore 4 on my 400ex and am thinking about getting the powerbomb header, i was wondering if ill have to change my jetting again( i already did it to compensate for the slip on), also, i read it makes the pipe quieter, does it make a big difference in sound because i like it where it is at, and one more thing, will it give me more performance? thanks

QuadRacer18
08-07-2005, 07:30 PM
The powerbomb header will give it way better performance, the stock pipe restricts more flow. Putting the new headpipe pn opens it up. I dont think it will change the sound at all, if it does it will only be minimal.

troutman561
08-07-2005, 08:27 PM
alright, sounds good, thanks for the reply

Jingle #11
08-07-2005, 10:05 PM
actually with your mods u will notice a little difference but not much. The 400ex header is a very good design for the stock motor. Now if u get into bored out cylinders and other stuff like that, that is when your header will shine. Yes it will make it a little quiter since ur gettin the powerbomb.

hotrodbelair
08-08-2005, 12:57 PM
thats the same exhaust on mine cause i heard it works best with the 440 kit and its loud dont know how much different from just a slip on but i got alot of people mad at me from drag racing down our road. i bought this quad with this exhaust and was wondering isnt there a donut gasket that comes with this exhaust. cause mine aint got one and it rattles like hell when im reving at high rpms