PDA

View Full Version : yz400f?

xrxmxcx
08-07-2005, 06:49 PM
anyone done a hybrid bike with one?

im prettymuch 100% on doing one with my bike and im just wondering if anyone has any expirience with it, this winter im doing yet another rebuild on my warrior and next year i will be racing MX with it, i already have suspension f&r, but im upgrading from works to elka's, im also getting a jd performance banshee swinger ( since there the same as a warrior ) and hopefully a yfz carrier so i can use yfz rear components ( axle, brakes, sprockets, etc..)

how much hp do they put out stock?

anyone know where on the motor and how many motor mounts there are?

what are some rough dimensions of the engine?

overall height...

overall width...

overall length...

another thing..

anyone have any measurements on a stock 250r radiator?

the thickness of it, the width, and the height of it?

thanks and LMK what you guys think

416exmx
08-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Not to discourage you or anything, but you would be better off selling the Warrior and buying a pre-built hybrid. And if you wanted a project, tear the hybrid down and just freshen it all up.

If you do go with the Warrior Hybrid idea, get the sump conversion where you dont need to worry about the oil tank. Just one less thing to try to stuff in the frame

JRP
08-07-2005, 07:03 PM
agreed with 416exmx, but u have a very nice warrior.

xrxmxcx
08-07-2005, 07:07 PM
yeah well, i dont have the money to go out and buy a new quad, i just cant, id be taking a loss on my bike, and it'd be more cost efficient to do it with mine

first off i can get a motor fairly cheap because i have a connection at a local dirtbike shop where they part bikes, and i can get good money if i trade my motor, electronics, etc. in with it

i know the dry sump kit eliminates having to have an oil tank on the frame, but how exactly does it work? and how much do they usually run?

xrxmxcx
08-07-2005, 07:37 PM
anyone have any measurements?:(

08-07-2005, 07:40 PM
the 400fs didnt put out that much more hp than the new 250fs, if you really wanna do a hybrid i must discourage you use the 400 motor

xrxmxcx
08-07-2005, 07:45 PM
yeah, i dont know but a 400f motor would be cheaper then a newer 250f, and it will have a piston, cam, and a few other mods thrown in it after everythings done and i have the extra $

anyone know what a 400 would put out stock?

hp wise of course..

stace609
08-07-2005, 11:31 PM
my husband has a yz400f. send me a pm with whatever questions you have and i'll have him look when he gets a chance and answer what he can.

xrxmxcx
08-08-2005, 03:24 PM
thanks, i sent ya' a pm

hope to here back

xrxmxcx
08-08-2005, 03:25 PM
well im one step closer on the suspension end of things

houser +3+1 LT a-arms, on a warrior?:huh

:eek2: :p

ill be getting shocks when i sell my front end i have now, which wont be for a while, but who knows