PDA

View Full Version : wind up noise

XCredrider
08-07-2005, 05:19 PM
i know this isnt a honda 250r but it is a 250r. Its my moms LT250 we just bought to play around on. After a while of riding the clutch statred to feel like it was going out of adjustment because I would have to pull it in untill it touched the bars for it to fully disengage. I just made sure i pulled it all the way in. I did a few runs at the drag strip against a 450r and i could feel the clutch slip because it would creep forward when the lever was all the way in. Then we cruised over to the MX track and were playing around. I got a whole 3/4 of a lap before it started making almost like a screeching winding noise from the bottom of the motor. I immediately came to a stop at theat point. Now if i put it in neutral and tow it it makes the noise but if i pull the clutch all the way in it will stop. WTF happend??? I hope its that the clutch went out and not something in the tranny. Also... does anyone know how to check the oil in these damn things. My clymer manual doesnt tell how.

Aallron
08-08-2005, 12:49 AM
On the right side of the motor there should be a 10mm bolt that has the phillips screwdriver slots in it ... remove this bolt and if there is enough oil in the crankcase some should come out of this hole.