PDA

View Full Version : 400ex jumping ability

gario08
08-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Is it good quad to jump high?

Also how good of a suspension is standard travel houser +2 aarms, and works triple rate shocks with ressies for the front, and a works quadstar shock with a g force axel for the rear?

^^^
if you have pics post em!

sampleez
08-07-2005, 05:18 PM
that'll prolly work pretty good, unless your wanting to jump some huge stuff. how high are ya thinking.

you might wanna get the shocks redone for your weight and riding style by a good company. or you could sell the works shocks and get some elka or axis shocks, but that'll cost ya.

gario08
08-07-2005, 06:13 PM
not huge proabably a bout 15ft high at the highest
and what about the quad???

roostin_dale
08-07-2005, 06:17 PM
at my practice track i have a 70 foot double we use as a freestyle jump so it kicks you pretty high, my friend has stock 400ex suspension and he hits it just fine.

flyin#5
08-07-2005, 07:43 PM
its all about how the landing and takeoff is. if your being shot high and not far you will take a much bigger impact. but if you are jumping far with a crappy landing then of course it'l be harsh coming down also. for most tracks and jump works will be just fine it they are tuned right. the better the shock you have, the more it should be able to soak up bumps, and take the harsh landing. lower dollar shocks are more one or the other, but definetly a lot better than stock. i hope that makes sense and helps:ermm: