PDA

View Full Version : Best lt setup for a budget?

Mxracer53
08-07-2005, 01:54 PM
What is the best lt setup for your money?

08-07-2005, 02:23 PM
herrmann/elka

CannondaleRider
08-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
i have never road LT

:rolleyes:

08-07-2005, 03:56 PM
what does that have to do with knowing the best components? :huh

450r51
08-07-2005, 05:24 PM
who cares the guys a douche bag, the old man thinks he knows everything. but in all actuality he knows very little. he did the smae thing to one of my threads a while back.

CannondaleRider
08-07-2005, 05:48 PM
right............

This guy was asking what the best LT setup was, and he said Herrmann/Elka, well being that he has never rode an LT front end, how would he know..He may know that Herrmann/Elka STANDARD travel is good, but not LT..Now if he rode a Herrmann/Elka LT front end, I wouldn't have said anything(obviously)

And your the guy who said it was better to have the back end wider then the front right? Well, if so, you said to look at all the pros, and that there never narrower in the back, but dead even....1. I agreed that they have them even, but thats different then wider in the back 2. And I saw a picture of Jeremiah and I think Farr going up a hill, from behind......and whada ya know...there narrower in the BACK.

And your calling me an old man.........whos the know it all?

roostin_dale
08-07-2005, 06:02 PM
none of those are really Budget choices...

CannondaleRider
08-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
none of those are really Budget choices...

I thought the same thing....

What about the cheaper arms...ASR, Eyeball, he!! even Rated X is cheaper then those

Out_Sider
08-07-2005, 06:35 PM
jb racing and elka's w/ only comp would be a good budjet lt front end

roostin_dale
08-07-2005, 06:39 PM
a true "budget" front end would be ASR's with Elka qudrate no rezzie shocks...

Mxracer53
08-07-2005, 07:48 PM
well then whats the best for your money and im thinking laeger axis too.

08-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
right............

This guy was asking what the best LT setup was, and he said Herrmann/Elka, well being that he has never rode an LT front end, how would he know..He may know that Herrmann/Elka STANDARD travel is good, but not LT..Now if he rode a Herrmann/Elka LT front end, I wouldn't have said anything(obviously)

And your the guy who said it was better to have the back end wider then the front right? Well, if so, you said to look at all the pros, and that there never narrower in the back, but dead even....1. I agreed that they have them even, but thats different then wider in the back 2. And I saw a picture of Jeremiah and I think Farr going up a hill, from behind......and whada ya know...there narrower in the BACK.

wow...so your saying u have rode every LT front end ever made? no one has, so technically no one can tell him whats the best, so if you wanna say i dont kno, then i guess no one knows :confused: :huh

CannondaleRider
08-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
wow...so your saying u have rode every LT front end ever made? no one has, so technically no one can tell him whats the best, so if you wanna say i dont kno, then i guess no one knows :confused: :huh

Did I say i've rode every LT front end ever made......I don't see that anywhere in my post.

Have you rode a Herrmann/Elka LONG TRAVEL front end...i don't think you have if you said you've never rode LT.

Did I answer him........no I didn't because I haven't rode any.:ermm:

I'm just saying leave it to the people that HAVE rode those front ends to convey there opinions.

08-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Did I say i've rode every LT front end ever made......I don't see that anywhere in my post.

Have you rode a Herrmann/Elka LONG TRAVEL front end...i don't think you have if you said you've never rode LT.

Did I answer him........no I didn't because I haven't rode any.:ermm:

I'm just saying leave it to the people that HAVE rode those front ends to convey there opinions.

i researched LT because i almost bought it, herrmann with elkas is a very nice setup, and its very cheap

Martin Blair
08-07-2005, 08:20 PM
:D

hardkoratvmxr
08-07-2005, 08:30 PM
walsh elka

Kilabanshee
08-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Well today was my first time riding my new leager "not t-pin" LT front end with axis tripple rate dual ajust shocks. The front end rode awesome. I couldn't really ask for anymore. It saved my *** twice at rausch creek when landing alittle sideways. It also corners and takes ajustments alot better then my standard travel +2's with axis shocks. I'm very happy with the purchase. I got my shocks dialed in perfect in a matter of 20 minutes. I've rode my friend Walsh 450r and there was really no big difference between mine and his. Of course the shocks between ous were valved different soo I couldn't really get the full effect of the a-arms. Hope this helps!

450RGNCC
08-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Burgard a-arms are good for the price and are fully adjustable, which I like, and as for shocks I like my Axis triplerate comp/reb adj with rezzies, but just about any good name shock with the correct valving and setup will do you good

Prey
08-08-2005, 05:53 AM
IMO

i dont think one a-arm will differ that much from another (except maybe quality) when it comes to ride.

I think that one thing that is important about a-arms and why it pays to stick with a better known a-arms is the way the mfg articulates the specs of the a-arms such as rise rate

with that said, i think who and how your shocks are done is the most important thing when it comes to ride quality

with that said, i was on business in san diego last week, i flew my shocks with me (elka quad rate, fully adjustable w/ressies) and dropped them off with allen white of precision concepts racing as well as ordering a set of epic +3+1 a-arms.

i figured if ellis has trusted him all year to do his suspension, its gotta be pretty good.

TBD
08-08-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Prey
IMO

i dont think one a-arm will differ that much from another (except maybe quality) when it comes to ride.

I think that one thing that is important about a-arms and why it pays to stick with a better known a-arms is the way the mfg articulates the specs of the a-arms such as rise rate

with that said, i think who and how your shocks are done is the most important thing when it comes to ride quality

with that said, i was on business in san diego last week, i flew my shocks with me (elka quad rate, fully adjustable w/ressies) and dropped them off with allen white of precision concepts racing as well as ordering a set of epic +3+1 a-arms.

i figured if ellis has trusted him all year to do his suspension, its gotta be pretty good.
You will definentlly like the Precision Concepts set up. Allen is a great guy to deal with and it appears that they have the set ups figured out. You're correct about manipulating the shock mount to help with the shock control. If you are thinking of an "LT" set up then you will not have much of a rising rate. I've run the numbers in many different locations and most "LT" frontends have almost no leverage curve( rising rate ) to speak of. I've found that if you want any kind of leverage curve then you would need to go back to the stock mounting location, almost.
Have you checked out Rated X Motorsports a-arms. Good quality and design. Also you can get a hold of them if you need any technical info or parts.

TBD
08-08-2005, 08:14 AM
IMO

I'm not sure which quad you were going to buy arms for but if it is the TRX450 I wouldn't suggest going with +1 forward arms. They already have a push in the front end and the 1 forwards will only make it worse. If you're going to change the swingarm you would be ok.

Prey
08-08-2005, 09:22 AM
it is for a trx450...

it has a +1.25 walsh swing arm.

supposedly the epic arms i ordered can be adjust front and back some.

do you still think i will have a push issue? i dont notice push on it now with +3+0, you think it will get that much more push from a +3+1?

TBD
08-08-2005, 09:39 AM
it is for a trx450...

it has a +1.25 walsh swing arm.

supposedly the epic arms i ordered can be adjust front and back some.

do you still think i will have a push issue? i dont notice push on it now with +3+0, you think it will get that much more push from a +3+1?
By running a longer swingarm you have helped with the push. By putting more wieght to the frontend it helps the tires hook up. I myself would go with the 0 forward arms. When we were testing the TRX with 0 forward arms and a stock swingarm I noticed the push in the frontend. The arms that you are getting only have caster and camber adjustability. You can use the caster adjustment to help with the frontend push. The only way I know to help with the push by adjusting the caster would be to run less caster. The only problem with that would be that your frontend would feel twitchy because of the lack of caster.
If it was me I would use the 0 forward arms.

kyleschonert
08-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
who cares the guys a douche bag, the old man thinks he knows everything. but in all actuality he knows very little. he did the smae thing to one of my threads a while back.
your the douche bag kid, you have to start **** where ever you go. Just like pappy's 450R mx rebuild thread. And what happened to one of your post sayin **** about me? Did you delete it or what? Just quit runnin your mouth on here.