PDA

View Full Version : lambo doors on a ranger

SRH
08-07-2005, 12:14 AM
i dont know if this is the place to ask but i was wondering if anyone knows if they sell kits to do it etc

400exrules
08-07-2005, 12:15 AM
well they have done it to some funky cars on pimp my ride, so probably lol

Martin Blair
08-07-2005, 12:15 AM
y? :huh

honduh440
08-07-2005, 12:17 AM
you really dont wanna know how much kits for lambo doors cost.

SRH
08-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
y? :huh

because they look cool when you pull up and open the door to get out...duh

SRH
08-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
you really dont wanna know how much kits for lambo doors cost.

ive seen camarao kits go for about a grand but im wondering if they sell one for rangers specifically...

400exrules
08-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by SRH
because they look cool when you pull up and open the door to get out...duh

until everyone expects some rich famous person to get out, then they see a regular guy and laugh

Bush0102
08-07-2005, 12:51 AM
you can probably get them custom made if they aren't available. I've heard the hinge kits alone cost almost 5 grand. good luck

G Impala 63n70
08-07-2005, 07:44 AM
The manual universal kit cost bout 12-15 hundred, the motorized universal kit costs bout 3-3200..They dont make them specfic for cars because, they arent really made to be a bolt on product on a nice car, they need to be put on when the car is being restored because of the workneeded to do in most cases you will be inside of your fender bolting things on, so make sure your planning some paint and blocking afterwards. We are currently putting them on a 65 impala, and have to modify them because of the weight of the door. Hope it helps.

badass250r
08-07-2005, 08:00 AM
suicide doors is the way to go;)

JR3
08-07-2005, 08:07 AM
yea just reverse ur hinges and make em suicide doors.

Hondadudeehhhh
08-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
until everyone expects some rich famous person to get out, then they see a regular guy and laugh

yeah but he isnt doing it for other people, he's doing it because he likes it. I know there are millions of custom kits out there for lambo doors now. I couldnt imagine it would be too hard either because you would need a custom hitch and one of those things rod things that supports the door (pushes it up and keeps it from slaming down). It would be a cool project to do if you wanted to pick up some junky doors from the salvage yard and maybe practice with those

Syrus
08-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Yes you can get the kits, there all pretty much the same. My buddy has the kit on his Cav. z24, however.. they are not as great as you think, they can be broken or bent very easy and you need to be very careful with it. Other ppl wont know this when getting in/ out of ur car. And it takes time to close your door, you need to carefully bring it down, till its stright then pull it in to shut it. They arnt like the lambo doors ur thinking of where all you need to do is pull down and they automaticly shut into place.

SRH
08-07-2005, 10:33 AM
thanks guys,i didnt wanna spend anything over 800 and i dont want something you gotta worry about ****ing them up if u slam the door, i cant understand why someone would make a post

"Originally posted by 400exrules
until everyone expects some rich famous person to get out, then they see a regular guy and laugh "

that just doesnt make sense? jealousy? or what ? kinda odd to get that reply when you ask a simple question

sam the brave
08-07-2005, 10:48 AM
i know a kid who has them on his ford lighten(spelling) he is a rich spoiled kid.

they look gay on truck so dont get one

SRH
08-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by sam the brave
i know a kid who has them on his ford lighten(spelling) he is a rich spoiled kid.

they look gay on truck so dont get one

i like them

rider250ex
08-07-2005, 01:15 PM
there arent any specific kits. i was looking into doing it on my 00 ranger. i saw a picture of one with them before. it looked aight but no as good as i had hoped. also there are alot of clearance issues with the ranger doing that so you will have a hard time gettin in a out. if you are running regluar cab i would say go suicide.

badass300ex
08-07-2005, 02:12 PM
There are specific kits avalible from Verticle Doors Inc. Most of your big SUVs require some welding but most imports are bolt on no welding. thttp://www.verticaldoors.com/.

44oEX
08-07-2005, 02:17 PM
you need suicide labo doors...now that would be sick:D

Cody_300ex
08-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by JR3
yea just reverse ur hinges and make em suicide doors.

haha JUST reverse the hinges??? Its a HELL of a lot more complicated then that. You know all the wires that comes threw the door, yea all those have to be re routed. Reweld the hinges. Mod fender. There is quite a lot more involved than you would think.

tater_kamik
08-07-2005, 04:58 PM
dont forget you have to extend the wires! arent lambo doors for those really tight parking spaces??;)

JR3
08-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
haha JUST reverse the hinges??? Its a HELL of a lot more complicated then that. You know all the wires that comes threw the door, yea all those have to be re routed. Reweld the hinges. Mod fender. There is quite a lot more involved than you would think.

yea i did make it sound a little easy.lol.

1fastR
08-07-2005, 05:52 PM
those hinge don't cost no 12-15 hundred bucks, there every where on ebay for like 300-400 bucks for the manual ones,

tater_kamik
08-07-2005, 05:56 PM
with that being said, you get what you pay for...

Fender Bender
08-07-2005, 07:16 PM

Thats ghetto to reweld hinges in a different spot, if it even works (and I doubt it does). You don't have to touch the fender, thats what door jambs are for. Bodywork is also a huge part of it.

Most of your big SUVs require some welding but most imports are bolt on no welding.

Kits that don't involve welding are also crappy. What a lot of people don't know, is you have to weld plates in the door skin to keep the skimpy sheetmetal from warping and causing the door to sag, so you will have to weld anyways.

It isn't the easiest task, and if you don't have any welding/bodywork experience, then you would probably be better off taking it to a professional so you will be spending even more money on top of the 1500 dollar kit.

speedjunkie250
08-07-2005, 07:21 PM
there is a company in stylin concepts mag that sells suicide and lambo kits.

Cody_300ex
08-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Fender Bender
Thats ghetto to reweld hinges in a different spot, if it even works (and I doubt it does). You don't have to touch the fender, thats what door jambs are for. Bodywork is also a huge part of it.

When we did one we had to move the fender up to get a half-way decent body line. And the one we got came with completly different hinges.

Fender Bender
08-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Why? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Cody_300ex
08-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Fender Bender
Why? That doesn't make much sense to me.

When we got every thing all mounted and welded the body line was lined up very good, and thats one thing were particular about. We had to put another shim the top of the fenders and move em up as towards the front of the truck.

Fender Bender
08-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Sounds to me like you didn't measure right then, because the door obviously didn't go back in right. You shouldn't have any problems with your bodyline.