PDA

View Full Version : engine

jamienlogan
08-06-2005, 09:44 PM
I have a 400ex with a pipe a jet. I have a 440 big bore kit(not installed yet). I also want to put a stage 2 cam in. What else do I need, or have to do to make the 440 kit work.

TC426EX
08-07-2005, 10:51 AM
I assume you have an aftermarket air filter, but if not youll need one of those. Also, you didnt list what exhaust you have, but a full pipe will do alot more for your 440 than just a slip on. Aside from those, you could install some HD head studs for added reliability and a high rev CDI unit from TC or GT THunder. Thats it to make it "work". You should see some good gains with that, and the 400 engine is easily modified as time goes on if you so choose. You can build that engine as far as your wallet will take you

JRP
08-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
I assume you have an aftermarket air filter, but if not youll need one of those. Also, you didnt list what exhaust you have, but a full pipe will do alot more for your 440 than just a slip on. Aside from those, you could install some HD head studs for added reliability and a high rev CDI unit from TC or GT THunder. Thats it to make it "work". You should see some good gains with that, and the 400 engine is easily modified as time goes on if you so choose. You can build that engine as far as your wallet will take you

agreed