PDA

View Full Version : DVX Carb Problem?

DVXMan
08-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Did anyone ever have any carb problems on a DVX400? I have to partially choke my dvx after it has warmed up to get it to run right. If I don't, it wants to stall out, especially over bump terrain.
I've taken the carb apart to look for debri or obvious problems and found nothing. For the heck of it I also went over all the electrical connectors and found no loose connections or bad grounds. I pretty well stumped because it runs excellent as long as I keep the choke on about a quarter of the way.
Thanks for any help!
DVXMan

RidrKFX
08-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Trying putting in a larger main jet..i think they are running a 130 main stock so get yourself a jet kit like Moose or K&N or something like that and try putting different sizes in. I think it will Help:)

DVXMan
08-07-2005, 03:38 AM
Thanks, I'll look into getting a jet kit this week.

DVXchic
08-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Have you tried adjusting your idle control on your carb. Mine kept stalling while it idled and we had to play around with that a while. It seems to vibrate the knob alot and changes itself once and a while.
kinda weird why it quits while going over bumps:confused:

DVXMan
10-06-2005, 03:24 AM
Update:
It has been parked for a while due to lack of time for riding but the problem ended up being the float adjustment. Runs perfect now.
Thanks!:D