PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm...

Mobitz
08-06-2005, 04:41 PM
I've been wanting and dreaming about a sport atv ever since I was little, now might be my chance to get one. I've been lurking around trying to find what would be my best deal. My price would have to be low also. I've never rode a sport atv before, but I have with a utility once or twice. So, it would be my first, but I want it to be better than the peice of crap I will be getting when I turn 16. I can't say that I wasn't pretending to look like a genius when it comes to atvs but hey, I tried. So, pretending isn't like the real thing, so I need help making the right choice for my first atv. Brand names. Accessories. Whatever I need to get a good atv. Please help. :scary:

Hondadudeehhhh
08-06-2005, 04:45 PM
a warrior, its 350 but easy to ride and fairly cheap

YFZ450Ridr
08-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
a warrior, its 350 but easy to ride and fairly cheap

i would say either the warrior/rap 350 or a 300ex. my choice would be the yammie though.

nowukno
08-06-2005, 04:48 PM
I agree , a warrior or a 300ex are great starter sport quads and you can usually find them next to nothing.

08-06-2005, 05:02 PM
i say a 400 ex they not that fast stock but u can make them fast as hell and also turn into a hybrid + they r less than a raptor 350
and about the same price as a warrior and 300ex

Hondadudeehhhh
08-06-2005, 05:04 PM
i would stay away from 300ex because they are smaller and a 400ex may be a little too much for a beginner. A warrior is an awesome quad to learn on due to little maintaince and ease to ride. They are fun and an all around great sport quad. I would look towards a warrior 100% because they will run forever and need little work aside from common oil changes

TheFontMaster
08-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I say go with a 400ex. I started out on a 300ex, and I think that I could have handled the extra power while I was learning. After a year I was able to push that 300ex to its limits, and got bored with what it could do after another year. So I sold it because I knew that even if I modded out the motor as far as it could go, I would still not be getting the power or the handling I want. The 400ex, has good handling, and the motor can be made to have pritty good power for when you get tired of the power it has.

tater_kamik
08-06-2005, 08:28 PM
a warrior is definately a great starter quad and also great for woods riding. i have one for sale:D