PDA

View Full Version : Replacement shock springs

scramblerracer
08-06-2005, 03:44 PM
I need to find springs for my 05 TLD Predator that are for a 250# rider and cross country. I cannot go with the multiple spring setup from HPD, I race the stock class so I have to stay with a similar style(single spring) on the front. Any Ideas? Josh

scramblerracer
08-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Anyone?

Colby@C&DRacing
08-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I would make sure that you are allowed to change the spring because this would be improving the stock suspension.

mudflap
08-12-2005, 08:03 AM
This is from GNCCRACING.COM

4. Stock (ATV) - May change front shocks, tires, wheels, throttle assembly, axle, handlebars, grips, skid plates, plastics and seat covers, including those that add traction, but may not change seat height. May add bead locks, nerf bars, foot peg extensions, and open or closed end, metal or plastic hand guards. May not add steering stabilizers or air filter sleeves. May not add front shock reservoirs, or modify or remove front shock reservoirs from machines that come equipped with them. Riders may change front shocks on ATVs that do not come with rebuildable stock front shocks, but they may not replace the front shocks on ATVs that do come with rebuildable units stock (like the YFZ450). Only machines that come equipped with front reservoirs stock may run them. All motor components and rear suspension must remain stock. Aftermarket replacement parts may be used so long as they do not improve motor performance, add travel to the suspension, or have a reservoir. Example: must have stock pipe, silencer, carburetor, air box, air cleaner, rear shocks, etc....

Hope this helps

scramblerracer
08-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Thank you for the upload. I race in the Missouri Harescrambles series and checked. They told me that I can only change the spring to a stiffer spring to compensate my weight but I cannot go to a multiple spring setup or add travel in any way. Thanks Josh

powerslider
08-13-2005, 07:10 PM
From what I've read your stock springs are 140#, the stock 03 fronts are progressive 80/160's which may help but if I were you I'd contact Rath Racing. I'm sure they could help you out....

scramblerracer
08-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I will also contact Rath Racing. Thanks Josh

scramblerracer
10-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Any other ideas? Does anyone know how I decide what rate spring to go with for the weight. I have seen a few places that I can buy springs but noone has been able to tell me what springs to buy. Thanks Everyone. Josh

Mitch_McComb
10-06-2005, 06:02 AM
I'm pretty sure Derisiracing.com has a spring setup for 250lb riders. I almost went with it for the 03 but thought if I'd went to 220lb it would be motivation to loose a little =-)