PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Z400

Honda400exrox
08-05-2005, 07:02 PM
I was at the dealer and they said they would sell me an 05 Z400 for 7100(canadian) and they usually go for 9000, i have been told alot that the Z's arent reliable

I am just wondering if this is true?

is it a good ATV for me i mostly trail ride and need reverse alot
i do jump but not very high, the biggest jump around is a 50ft tabletop. i do alot of hill climbing, are the Z400 good for all of these things?

but i dont like the 05 400ex because they look like crap and are slower then the older 400exs(no offense to anyone)

Thanks

Punk'd
08-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Sounds perfect for you (my friend has one)

Honda400exrox
08-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Thanks for your help. I went riding today with my buddy who has a Z400 and i was always waiting for him to get turned around in trails, the only time he got turn around quicker then me was in an open field
and hes bigger then me so i want reverse:D

what are the problems to look for though?:confused:

YFZ450Ridr
08-05-2005, 11:49 PM
my z is really reliable. starts everytime i hit the button but, its very cold natured. pulls hills great and is perfect for me in the woods. im about 175 and with stock gearing i can lug it around all day. power delivery is great 2, comes on really smooth and isnt overly powered for the woods. sounds like what your looking for.

Honda400exrox
08-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
Thanks for your help. I went riding today with my buddy who has a Z400 and i was always waiting for him to get turned around in trails, the only time he got turn around quicker then me was in an open field
and hes bigger then me so i want reverse:D

what are the problems to look for though?:confused:

i meant 400ex not z400

99yellowgt
08-09-2005, 08:59 PM
I've had my Z for about 4 months now, and I love it. I am about 200lbs and it hauls my butt up all kinds of stuff. I live in AZ and the heat is a killer but I cruise up MT's and over boulders in 100+ all day long without any issues. and hit some jumps here and there too. My freind on a Banshee overheats all the time. I think it is a reliable bike as well, I haven't had any issues yet!!!

DvxDirtSlinger
08-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
my z is really reliable. starts everytime i hit the button but, its very cold natured. pulls hills great and is perfect for me in the woods. im about 175 and with stock gearing i can lug it around all day. power delivery is great 2, comes on really smooth and isnt overly powered for the woods. sounds like what your looking for.
im 260 and i lug my dvx around in first at idle on laid back trail rides, ive even taken it through all 5 gears at idle lol..thats without the idle turned up:macho