PDA

View Full Version : Whats the big fuss?

DEAL
08-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Well.. I heard alot of good things about kenda klaw mxs .. so I went and bought a set to see how they worked .. mounted them on stock wheels 20" fronts and 18" rears .. and have got to say .. these tires are horrible haha .. They wore twice as quick as my buddy's Mxr4s (believe it or not.. we ride together 90% of the time as well). They don't even hook up near as well in any conditions .. For my next set of tires I'm going with holeshots forsure.
How do you guys like yours?

400exrider707
08-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by DEAL
Well.. I heard alot of good things about kenda klaw mxs .. so I went and bought a set to see how they worked .. mounted them on stock wheels 20" fronts and 18" rears .. and have got to say .. these tires are horrible haha .. They wore twice as quick as my buddy's Mxr4s (believe it or not.. we ride together 90% of the time as well). They don't even hook up near as well in any conditions .. For my next set of tires I'm going with holeshots forsure.
How do you guys like yours?

Well that is the first time that I've heard that they wear quicker than MXR4's!!!:eek2: I know they dont have quite as much bite as the holeshots, but they certainly last longer from what I've seen. They are a good all-around tire, cheaper than holeshots and dont wear nearly as fast as holeshots. Maybe your buddy just doesn't ride as hard as you?!?!

rob-u/21
08-05-2005, 11:18 AM
First for me to.
MXR's grab better but dont last as long as kendas.

JR3
08-05-2005, 12:17 PM
they were my first set of mx tires and i loved em because wen the track deteriorated and got sandy id just swap them around so they were kinda like a paddle shape and they hooked up amazing. Ive ran holeshots and didnt like em they wore way to fast. Now i just run grooved tamers or razzr mxs in the rear with kenda mxfs in the front.

bwamos
08-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
.. these tires are horrible haha .. They wore twice as quick as my buddy's Mxr4s.

You weren't riding on gravel were ya???
Sorry had to ask. ;)

Out_Sider
08-05-2005, 02:26 PM
i will never own a set of tires that doesn't say HoleShot mxr4 on the side :cool: (atleast on the rear, i do change it up some on the front)

TC426EX
08-05-2005, 04:07 PM
I wasnt impressed with the Kenda's either on my buddy's quad... Straight Maxxis for me

300exr
08-05-2005, 07:28 PM
I like my shredders, fairly good bite and they last forever

sampleez
08-05-2005, 10:45 PM
stockers are workin pretty well for me :o :p i'm kinda torn between razr mx or klaw mx.

400ex28
08-05-2005, 11:11 PM
I have klaw mx and there awsome hook up great and dont wear fast.

stever250r
08-06-2005, 09:10 AM
I guess Im Old School... I still like the grooved Turf Tamers for the rear and grooved radials up front. Much easier for me to get through a tight corner keeping the revs up on a 2 stroke without them wanting to bite and turn your quad over..

Like they say opinions are like ----------- and this is just mine.

hardkoratvmxr
08-06-2005, 09:47 AM
razr mxs are the shiz i dont run any other rear mx tire

300ex73
08-06-2005, 10:57 AM
I've had pretty good luck with my MXR4's. I've had them since December and they still have fairly good tread left. Granted the knobs are getting kinda rounded, but they still hook up incredibly well. And I ride every day, sometimes even on the road. I love 'em. Way better than the plain MXR's or MX's.