PDA

View Full Version : what color should i paint my ramp??

Rootar
08-04-2005, 09:44 PM
alright guys im not posting any pics yet so dont ask. when it is done ill post a bunch of pictures all together of the whole build up and the finshed thing

im using 2x2 sq tubing for all of it, it has rasied expanded metal on the top, cross braces are spaced close together. its gonna be pretty visable from the road so i want to paint the ramp a good color so itll look awesome and so it wont rust (would like to paint it all one color too

btw if you are wondering its 5 feet tall, 6 feet wide, and 10 1/2 feet long (13 feet with the bottom folded down)

DVS_Freestyler
08-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Do red, we already did KTM orange :blah:

Rootar
08-05-2005, 07:59 AM
im buying the paint saturday night when i go to hotsprings so more votes are welcome. oh yea for a teaser ill post my plans in a new thread tonight but its still gonna be about 2 weeks for the build up pics becasue i still have to surface the ramp and finish all the welds and then get the pics developed so be paitent itll be worth it

Rootar
08-05-2005, 03:48 PM
ive found a new color that i really really like my grandpa showed it to me today its called "hammered bronze" its looks like mix between drak green and silver it looks really sweet. maybe yall have heard of the color before if not i guess you could look it up or sumthin but i think thats what color im gonna paint it either it or red guess it depends on what i feel like buying tomorrow night keep voting im still thinking on the color but for now i gotta go weld on it some more, since ill be gone tomorrow. maybe by sunday afternoon ill have it surfaced and ready to paint for monday

raptor146
08-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Sounds like about what our ramp is. Almost same dimensions and everything. Dont paint it pink and black.:p I think kawasaki green would be cool.

Wired
08-07-2005, 06:32 PM
spray paint it like an aluminum grey color. there was this one ramp in phoenix at the ifma show and it was dont in that colr and it looked good. looked like real aluminum. plus it looks clean

Rootar
08-07-2005, 08:52 PM
wired i picked of my paint (yes its spray paint) and it is an "aluminum" silver

go figure :ermm:

i didnt get teh surface on it today becasue the idle silaniod on our welding machone messed up and it wouldnt idle up but my uncle is coming up int he mouring to fix it so whne i get off work tomorrow i "should" be able to put the surface on it

and i have wednesday thursday and friday off this week so hopefully ill have my landing done and and the ramp ready by this weekend