PDA

View Full Version : Raptor shocks on an 04 Blaster?

BlasterMaster20
08-04-2005, 09:36 PM
hi, Do you think that Raptor Shocks would fit on an 04' Blaster without making any changes???

Thanks in Advance

bradley300
08-04-2005, 09:39 PM
they might fit, but they are way too long and wont work right

CannondaleRider
08-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Yeah, even if they fit PERFECTLY....the leverage ratios are totally different and they would probably end up being stiff as hell compared to on a rappy

Pvt. Maggot
08-04-2005, 10:03 PM
you stole my avatar :mad: hah, they would def be wayyyy too stiff. You need to get a set of works or other set up for your weight and machine. :)

blastereatin250
08-05-2005, 04:48 PM
fox float shocks that are made for the rapter work on the blaster.

Pvt. Maggot
08-05-2005, 04:51 PM
they might fit, but they don't work right. Its still valved for a completely different quad. which means they will be too stiff and could cause alot of things to go bad in the front end get shocks that are for the blaster..its that simple.

bradley300
08-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
they might fit, but they don't work right. Its still valved for a completely different quad. which means they will be too stiff and could cause alot of things to go bad in the front end get shocks that are for the blaster..its that simple.

i dont think valving is an issue with the float shocks, they are still 16 inches long tho, and std travel for a blaster is only 14, so unless you have some lt a-arms for a blaster and the stroke happends to be right, they wouldnt work

BlasterMaster20
08-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
you stole my avatar :mad: hah, they would def be wayyyy too stiff. You need to get a set of works or other set up for your weight and machine. :)

Sry about the avatar, it looked cool so i saved it.:D well i might get them for free so should i try them?

QuadRacer18
08-07-2005, 09:47 PM
putting raptor shocks on a blaster would be dangerous, because they are soo long they would put stress on your ball joints and may cause them to break, also the valving is incorrect. If you are looking for a cheap way to get some better ride in the front go with a set of banshee front shocks, they bolt up perfect and are similar in valving and dont put stress on the joints, ive ran the setup before.

PowerJunkie
08-19-2005, 11:50 PM
they said they worked fine on dirtwheels. they put fox rapter shocks on a stock blaster and they said work awsome. but its also dirtwheel.

bradley300
08-20-2005, 06:28 AM
dirtwheels will say anything if there getting free products out of it, dont listen to them

banshee shocks are better, but still wont work, the stroke is too long