PDA

View Full Version : anyone run the MSD CDI?

ZQ8Dude
08-04-2005, 09:29 PM
noticed it awhile back in a dirtwheels, and am curious how the whole multi-spark would work for a quad.

i_mangle_sht
08-04-2005, 09:42 PM
ive heard good things about it i think that many have said its more noticable with lots o mods(as with anything) ill be ordering mine in a month or so

you can check out msd's site they give all the info there www.msdpowersports.com

benbuilt4u
08-06-2005, 10:29 PM
i was wondering this too

hawiianpwr
08-07-2005, 10:15 AM
I've had mine for about 2 yrs. There was a factory defect and it would shut down out of nowwhere. They finally sent me a new one. Its like night and day getting it back and especally with the new motor I put together. It helped out on the stock motor but it really makes a difference when you got motor work done. You can tailer it to the type of motor you got.

As far as what your asking about the multiple spark. You can tell just by the way the exhaust smells its so much cleaner. I had to actually richen it up because it was burning so much better. And with all the other things you adjust, you can get it to run just the way you want.

You wont be dissapointed at all. It is the best out there!

Hope that helps

ZQ8Dude
08-07-2005, 09:53 PM
How exactly do you tailer it to your motor?

also where did you get it? can any store that stocks MSD products order me a CDI?

this sounds like a nice mod to go with the pipe/cam i plan to buy in the future. or would it make a difference with just a pipe? if so maybe ill just skip the cam until i can afford a nice bore kit.

hawiianpwr
08-08-2005, 04:03 PM
I ordered it right from msd.
http://www.msdpowersports.com/2004_atv.html

By tailer I mean you can adjust alot of things.
-Got multiple spark(up to 3000rpms)
-Max timing-0-7 degrees(1 degree increments)
-Full timing curve- 2000-5750rpms(250rpm increments)
-Adjust rev limiter from 8000-12,500rpms(250rpm increments)
-High Speed retard(-2 Degrees)
-Holeshot rev limiter
-All the adjustments can be made while its running

Its alot of fun to play around with. Its perfect for the guy who likes to tweak around because there is so much you can do and nothing out lets you do that.

Oh yeah it''ll work good on anything you put it on. From what I saw on my stock it worked really well. But the before and after on my my motor is awesome! Really woke it up!

hawaiiansupaman
08-08-2005, 05:10 PM
how much does one of these run $$$

hawiianpwr
08-08-2005, 05:27 PM
around $430