PDA

View Full Version : I am really confuse for mods ?!&%?*

xk47
08-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Hi all,

its been 1 year now that I surf this forum, seeing mods setup and ideas... but I'm very confuse on what put on my 05ex.

First I got the idea to put an LTE dual : too expensive, more weight... after oh a turbo kit wow... pricey and not worth it.:grr:

So I need something that cost less then 1500$ or even slight more and that give me powa and the necessary torque for St-Zénon's trail riding where the 450r is somehow the most powerfull machine you can encounter(the rest is utility 4x4)... what is the big difference of common american trail and St-Zénon's trail?

There is more uphills(need more torque)

big straight lines,(gearing+torque),

they are very dirty(no K&N without outerwares and lid on and everything else)

Long distance between gas station = alone riding = reliability and gas mileage must not be take appart.

and very tight trails, rocky slow speed wood trails(need bottom end and ground cleareance)

populated place near the trail(need low Decibels)

so what do I need to get happy with these trails my machine and my pocket.?

I got uni filter and a K&N(uni equipped right now), stock exhaust, 2 sprocket setups : 14t\38(equipped), or 14t\36, 148\155\165 mains jets(148 equipped) and finally 42 pilot, the rest is stock.

I am consideering an HMF(slip-on), bigger oil tank, change stock oil cooler ,bigger tires... cam or i dont know....:ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

Thank you in advance!

rooster_20
08-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Whats the question? If your wanting to trail ride the ex really has a nice stock setup. I took mine through Stone Mt. doubles with both axel bearings busted. I would start out with a good exaust, cam, outerwears for the dust just for a start later you could do a 416 kit or somthing. JMO

08-04-2005, 09:15 PM
well if you need quite get an fmf q, the ti q being the best, then get a cam, since you need torque get a high comp. piston, get your cylinder ported and polished too, and if thats still not enough torque get a big bore stroker, with that stuff your motor is gunna run hotter so get some air scoops, your also going to probably want some suspension.

xk47
08-04-2005, 09:15 PM
my question was(sorry for the long text) :

1500$ of modification for the trail description above...
Thank for reply

And thank you YZFMXER

Pvt. Maggot
08-04-2005, 09:22 PM
I would go with a hotcams stage one cam. A hmf or big gun with a quite core. a high compression piston if you wanna go into more motor mods. an ims gas tank. a good set of rear tires. kenda knarlys, razor 2's ect. some air scoops. A teather kill switch, keep the uni in there. 450r shocks or works or elkas are a good choice. have to have good suspension to get the most out motor.

450robot
08-04-2005, 09:26 PM
why notsell it and put the 1500 into a 450r yfz, z, or pred? they all have what your looking for

xk47
08-04-2005, 09:30 PM
except reverse and more low first gears.

450robot
08-04-2005, 10:07 PM
i did mention the predator and z didnt i?

the pred has awsome shocks stock, almost aftermarket quality (well, the tld version does have aftermarkets) along with a new tighter gear ratio on both models

and the z is an awsome trail quad, the gearing is just right for tight stuff, and has awsome suspension too

and yes, both do have reverse

and watercooling

its not worth putting 1500 into a outdated aircooled quad like the 400ex, just in my oppinion, buts its all yur choice, i just think this is smarter

bwamos
08-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by xk47
my question was(sorry for the long text) :

1500$ of modification for the trail description above...
Thank for reply

And thank you YZFMXER

Filter (already have), Pipe, Jetting and Elka Suspension Rebuild.
That's how I'd spend the $1500

If you have any left.. grab a CAM and higher compression piston.