PDA

View Full Version : will it

tator
08-04-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm goning to shave my front finders on my raptor i'm going to use a grinder. The plastic is blue when i cut the plastic will it start to white on me. thanks

08-04-2005, 06:06 PM
do you have a jig saw or a sawsall or somthing like one of those, i think it would be a little less risky if you use one of those, also make sure you cut them bigger than you really want them so that you can file and sand down the edges to make it look better

chucked
08-04-2005, 06:23 PM
You cant just grind it, your gonna have to file and sand it so it doesnt look jagged and nasty.

m_townsgreatest
08-04-2005, 06:39 PM
i dont see why u would even cut them on a raptor though. IMO opinion they are short enough

LTandRaptorider
08-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by m_townsgreatest
i dont see why u would even cut them on a raptor though. IMO opinion they are short enough

I agree, but to each their own I suppose. You want to be real careful cutting the blue plastic on the Rappy! As you probably already know, stress on it leaves white lines very easily. Good luck, post pics of it when you are done! ;)

Hondadudeehhhh
08-04-2005, 06:52 PM
if you do it, do it right. use a jiggsaw then sand it down smoothly. the more time you take on it and if you have the patients to do it correctly, the better the out come.

08-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by chucked
You cant just grind it, your gonna have to file and sand it so it doesnt look jagged and nasty.

agreed.. you can have a brand new bike, but screw up on screwing up the plastics, and you will have yourself a nice peice of POOP.

Jesse

crday98
08-04-2005, 08:42 PM
use a dremel with a cut-off wheel. it will work like a charm and will not leave a jagged edge like it would from a jig saw or sawzall. using a dremel will actually melt the plastic as it cuts which leaves a nice smooth edge. after they are cut, lightly scrape them with the back of a razor blade on an angle like " / " moving to the right. they will look factory cut if you do it right.;)

TGW_400ex
08-04-2005, 11:04 PM
I used tin snips and did the final touches with a file.

400exrules
08-04-2005, 11:24 PM
i like the way the raptors front fenders look uncut

tater_kamik
08-05-2005, 02:50 AM
i agree, i left mine alone. besides, i dont want to get dirty!!:D

300exPat
08-05-2005, 07:43 AM
You're better off using a hacksaw then a grinder, they're too risky and will leave a lot of scratches around the edge unless you sand a lot. Use a hacksaw or jigsaw and cut like 1 mm more then you really want it and then take a file and sand paper to smooth it out. Later you can take a torch and go over the plastic where it got stressed and the marks will come out, just don't burn a hole in the plastics! (very easy to do)