PDA

View Full Version : precession stabilizer

thomkat219
08-04-2005, 05:30 PM
I am 52 years old, and have been racing Ark. Harescrambles for 4 years now. I tell you this, only to let you know where I am coming from. I am not an expert by any means, but I am the 40+ champion. We race tight eastern style trails with rocks, hills, rivers, and more rocks. Here lately I have been trying to gain any kind of edge I could, because lets face it, I am not getting any younger and the fatigue factor of 2 hour harescrambles is starting to get the best of me. I have used the mucsle type stabilizers since I started racing harescrambles, but have been very dissapointed in thier preformance, and thier reliability. I have tried to order rebuild kits only to be told they were not available, or on backorder for 2 months. 3 weeks ago I made a call to Precision and talked with George at length about his product. He kept telling me with his stabilizer the main thing to do was to let go, relax, and let the stabilizer do its work. He also told me that if I bought this he wanted me to go out and find a big rock or tree stump and hit it. Man, I tell you guys I thought he was crazy. Through his conversation with me, I could tell alot about his belief and confidence in his product. So although this was a high dollar item, I purchased one.

thomkat219
08-04-2005, 05:38 PM
I rode 2 times with the settings prescribe for the type trail. The day of the race came and the whole time I kept telling myself relax, let it do its job. Man, this is the key to my new found success. Not only did the stabilizer work, it worked so well, I had no arm pump, no sore back, and no sore shoulder. I won my class and was third overall. I am not sponsered by this company, although my wife wishes I was. His stabilizer is a little cheaper than Scotts, but his is made for and designed for ATV's, not a motorcycle product adapted to fit an ATV. I have read your threads on stabilizers, this is why I take time to post this, so all of you will know what I know first hand. This is an amazing control product. You just set it, relax, and ride, ride, ride. Thanks George, Thomkat

08-04-2005, 11:03 PM
good to hear :macho i am making the choice between this or the WER dampner...not sure yet

thomkat219
08-04-2005, 11:20 PM
You owe it to yourself to give this man a call. Talk to him before you decide anything firm. My son and I ride R's too. I didn't mention before, but I am so stoked about this stabilizer, I bought my son one this week as an early Christmas present. It's Precision Racing Products.Com. Thomkat

dirtdude
08-07-2005, 12:38 PM
The Precision stabilizer is the bomb. Pick a line and hold it, hit rocks ruts or roots with no bar rip at all.

thomkat219
08-09-2005, 08:13 PM
bump