PDA

View Full Version : New Trx450ER electric start!

TRX450R2
08-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Just heard new 450R has electric start and different gear ratios for x-country and trails, so their will be 2 models Trx450R and TRX450ER! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:c ool: :D

nowukno
08-04-2005, 12:51 PM
What's your source of info?

TRX450R2
08-04-2005, 01:00 PM
I am a dealer!

Out_Sider
08-04-2005, 01:52 PM
any other info like weight? it'd be pretty shiitty of honda to make it heavier when the yfz w/ electric start is 350 as well

LI400EX
08-04-2005, 02:12 PM
when is it coming out? color choices, stuff like that, and are they finally going to turn the shock ressys out like all the other bike, they look so dumb towards the back

jeepnrocks
08-04-2005, 03:48 PM
the reason they are towards the back is to protect them from unwanted obstacles smacking them and breaking your rezzie off. I'm sure a case could be made that out to the side gets more air but either way thats why they are like that

smr
08-04-2005, 03:49 PM
I posted this here about a week ago and nobody believed me.

We should see it here in the states in Sept.

Cody_300ex
08-04-2005, 04:39 PM
If this is true, it will be called the trx450x not er, that sounds stupid as hell.

450robot
08-04-2005, 06:28 PM
i smell a huge load of BS! (not the fact that honda could have this version of the r) but you my freind, are just restating what we have been talking about for weeks

i think your koo koo:rolleyes:

smr
08-04-2005, 08:07 PM
I didn't believe it at first but I've seen the proof.

It's called the TRX450ER..at least that is what they are calling the ones being shipped to Europe.

450robot
08-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by smr
I didn't believe it at first but I've seen the proof.

It's called the TRX450ER..at least that is what they are calling the ones being shipped to Europe.

i wish you people would state where your source of info for these things, becuase my uncle works at a HUGE honda dealer, and hasnt heard a thing, at all! all he knows is that there was no 06 450r on the order list for this year

Jonas
08-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R2
I am a dealer!

Your a dealer aaanndd what? Where did you here it?

08-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Jonas
Your a dealer aaanndd what? Where did you here it? from backstage at the dealer show last year....DUHHHH

TRX450R2
08-05-2005, 02:33 AM
No! actually on my dealer backorder list!! and as for the guys that keep yelling B>S> every time someone tells you the truth! you've just got to wait and we will be proven right! again and again and again! But thats the way the world turns I guess! never mind you'll get over it??;) :D

BOONE450R
08-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Check your back order list and see if there are any TRX650's on it, please sir.:D

Guys he is from New Zealand, you know who people form other parts of the world get the info before us here in the states. (700 Raptor for one)

smr
08-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
from backstage at the dealer show last year....DUHHHH

Dude..you really shouldn't talk to grown ups like that...the dude is telling you the truth..you will find out next month.

There are many others on this sight that know it but they can not say.

Like I said..in Europe it will be called TRX450ER

Jonas
08-05-2005, 09:36 AM
It's just that when you say something that people on here are obviously very interested to know, you don't just say it and not tell everyone where you got the info. People on here are intelligent enough not believe everything anyone says, that would even be more stupid. If a unit is on your backorder list then wouldn't you have to order it for it to get there? Give us all the details here.

It's not like the 450r having a e-start version would be a big deal. Me and many others on here are much more interested as to whether the R will have some "updates" to it.

08-05-2005, 10:11 AM
i don't know if I'd want a trx450-DER!!!!

DER!! i ride a 450-DER!!!

DER!!! DER!!!! DER!!!

Me, Stan!! Ba-chewy-chewy-chomp.

smr
08-05-2005, 10:27 AM
It's just that when you say something that people on here are obviously very interested to know, you don't just say it and not tell everyone where you got the info. People on here are intelligent enough not believe everything anyone says, that would even be more stupid. If a unit is on your backorder list then wouldn't you have to order it for it to get there? Give us all the details here.

It's not like the 450r having a e-start version would be a big deal. Me and many others on here are much more interested as to whether the R will have some "updates" to it.

You are correct..I shouldn't have been so harsh.

I can understand why people don't believe it. I didn't believe it at first. I have seen something that may have been forged but I really do believe that we will all know next month and I do believe that it will be called TRX450ER.

Someone that visits this sight has proof that they could post but I don't know if they would get into trouble (would you please post it so everyone can see). The guys in the US that know must stay tight lipped or risk being in trouble from Honda.

Maybe because I race XC I really want to see an E-start version. Like I said..I did see something that really makes me believe all of this and I heard it from two different people.

onall4rs
08-05-2005, 11:04 AM
the release date in the uk is 7th september
i dont know what the new model is called 450er or 450x
but i have been told that it has electric start and new gear ratios

i was told this buy a dealer that sponsors a honda team rider

the best one that ive heard is fuel injnection but can not find an answer to that one

may be some one on here can add to it

R3Concepts
08-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Just man up and kick it already, its easy to start sitting down, unless its 13:1+.:D

400excracer
08-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Since when does kick starting a quad make you more of a man. Thats stupid! Honda realized it made a mistake with putting a kick starter on the 450r and are trying to rectify it. Sales are going to rise, because the majority of the buying public wants estart. Sorry toughguy.

08-05-2005, 12:01 PM
e-start = gay imo. but hey if the majority wants it cool, but i will be taking mine off. I hate the battery and weight.

hondardr4life
08-05-2005, 07:47 PM
e start would be nice for the XC guys, but I know I definetly don't want one. I have e start on the quad I have now, and I will never get it again!!!!! I hate it with a passion!!

pitcrew14
08-05-2005, 09:25 PM
e-start is great only if it has a kick back up and is capable of running when the battery is dead heard alot of stories about the yfz battery going dead and the bike won't even bump start if the e-start is true how will it effect the price?

Jonas
08-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by 400excracer
Since when does kick starting a quad make you more of a man. Thats stupid! Honda realized it made a mistake with putting a kick starter on the 450r and are trying to rectify it. Sales are going to rise, because the majority of the buying public wants estart. Sorry toughguy.

Because if you can't handle kicking it over, you can't ride it!

Me and many others agree with him.

Honda didn't realize they made a mistake, come on! Are you kidding? Do you think that they built it overnight?

I'm all for an e-start 450 in addition to the non if it helps you win a GNCC race. If you've "gotta have it or your not getting one" and you don't race, then you would probably be classified as a wus in my book.

desratt
08-05-2005, 09:48 PM
if the "majority" of people want e-start then buy a different bike.

I want a hard core race bike. there for I have a 450r which is kickstart.
remember ounces of weight count. look at all the work on the new raptor and they only shaved off 2 pounds. now how much does a battery, starter, related gears, electrical system, relays and all that weigh?

now what are the changes besides e-start?

Cody_300ex
08-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by onall4rs
i was told this buy a dealer that sponsors a honda team rider

Im callin BS on this, the only two riders that honda backs is John Natalie and Tim farr. Neither on them are from the UK so I would suggest just shuting while you are ahead.

Fred55
08-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by desratt
if the "majority" of people want e-start then buy a different bike.

I want a hard core race bike. there for I have a 450r which is kickstart.
remember ounces of weight count. look at all the work on the new raptor and they only shaved off 2 pounds. now how much does a battery, starter, related gears, electrical system, relays and all that weigh?

now what are the changes besides e-start?

just so you know...they didnt shave two pounds off the raptor, its just that this raptor happens to be two pounds less than the old one....it is COMPLETELY different, its not worth comparing like that.

BOONE450R
08-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Im callin BS on this, the only two riders that honda backs is John Natalie and Tim farr. Neither on them are from the UK so I would suggest just shuting while you are ahead.

I hope you know that Honda USA is different form Honda UK.;)

R3Concepts
08-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Blah..Looks like Borich didnt have any trouble finding home on the 450R in the GNCCs..I wonder how he got that darn thing started?:rolleyes:

08-05-2005, 11:49 PM
as for winning a GNCC race b/c of estart you are wrong. I was at the Loretta Lynns GNCC race this year when what do you know? Bill Ballance loses after he hits a stump or something and it kills his quad! He then tries to estart it and nope, nothing. He then has to get off, turn his quad around, bump start it, turn all the way back around, and start over. Yokley and someone else passed him and he never got to pass them again. Estart WILL NOT win you a race!

smr
08-06-2005, 05:44 AM

Are you saying that These are the only two guys honda sponsors?

benwa450r
08-06-2005, 09:35 AM
I would welcome 2 versions of the Honda 450. The MX and sand drag guys would have the R and XC guys would have an e-start version. They would both be Honda's and that means the people that will only buy a e-start quad can now ride a Honda.
I hope they make some changes to the R. I know they won't be making 80 changes like the YFZ because there's not 80 things wrong with the R. HeeHee :D

hondardr4life
08-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by benwa450r
I know they won't be making 80 changes like the YFZ because there's not 80 things wrong with the R. HeeHee :D

hahaha, very good point :cool:

onall4rs
08-06-2005, 01:56 PM
http://www.honda.co.uk/atvmxchampionship/
honda sponsors paul winrow in the uk
thanks for backing me up
cheers

onall4rs
08-06-2005, 02:01 PM
still ahead :D

450rrider#55
08-06-2005, 05:34 PM
e-start may not win you a race but it can sure lose one for you. you don't know how many times I've seen people on the starting line with e-start go to start there machine and nothing.......... but what i've seen even more than that is during a race a riders battery terminal break and the yfz's run like crap after that. My brother has a yfz and has replaced three batteries..... it just want keep a charge with all the banging around...... he is now looking for a kickstart to put on his bike.... but it's funny when i have to push him off with 450r at the track...... he gets so frustrated:D

400excracer
08-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Its kind of funny that when you guys are giving examples of how problems with estart can lose you a race you always mention a Yamaha. I have been cross country racing my 400ex for 5 yrs now and have never had a problem starting it. And the guy that said estart = gay, come on, grow up! The 450r is not perfect. Everything can be improved. You tough guys better hold onto yur 04-05 450r's because estart is coming. Maybe we should put crank start back on the front of our cars too!

400excracer
08-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Not everybody uses there 450r just for racing. Ive seen alot of 450r's out on the trail too. Estart appeals to more people, especially those who trail ride. Ive used my 400ex to pull deer out of the woods during hunting season. When I get my 06 450r with estart, I will use it for many things including racing. I never said a kickstart was a bad thing. I just prefer estart.

RATHRACING450R
08-08-2005, 02:12 PM
if yur gonna cry about not having e-start on the 450r then you don't belong on one, go sell yours and buy a panzy 400ex. Like kicking it over takes sooo much effort:rolleyes: e start ain't gonna win you a race, even at dead engine starts. Watch the maxxis riding techniques video, bill balance proves that a kickstart quad can start and get going just as fast or faster then an e-start quad if you do it right, and if you don't know how to do that just sell your quad and stop riding

Now all of you spreading rumors and causing more BS..... SHUT YOUR WORD HOLE!

Bunch of whiners!

duke416ex
08-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by RATHRACING450R
if yur gonna cry about not having e-start on the 450r then you don't belong on one, go sell yours and buy a panzy 400ex. Like kicking it over takes sooo much effort:rolleyes: e start ain't gonna win you a race, even at dead engine starts. Watch the maxxis riding techniques video, bill balance proves that a kickstart quad can start and get going just as fast or faster then an e-start quad if you do it right, and if you don't know how to do that just sell your quad and stop riding

Bunch of whiners!

Bill proved it, now let's see you do it as good as he did it. Fact is that probably you and the majority of racers out there aren't going to do it as fast as he can. Second, a 400 is still competitive with the right rider, if you don't think so you are very ignorant. Third, you obviously don't race xc, I 've watched many pro, a , b , c, and every other class riders get left on the line because the quad didn't start on the first kick. With the kick start, you got one hit, if it don't start you are down by atleast 5-10 seconds every kick, with e start you just crank til it starts. If you think that getting a holeshot won't win a race or that a kick start is just as easy as e start after you have been racing for a straight hour and a half, wake up and look at reality. Some people just want an electric start, deal with it and let other ppl buy what they want.

twisted threads
08-08-2005, 02:55 PM
I really don't see a problem with a E-start on a 450r ONLY if they put a kickstarter on it also. One thing I can tell you is you won't see me get rid of my 04 450r for a 06 if the only thing different is it has E-start on it.

smr
08-09-2005, 05:42 AM
duke416ex made a very good point.

I'm pushing 40 years old and I bought a 400ex just because of the e-start. No i'm not as good as Bill Ballance but thats why he is a pro rider and I run the 30 + C class. After 1.5 hours on my 400ex I do good to push the throttle much less kick start.

If the new 450r has an e-start and no other upgrades then I will buy one if I have to refinance the house to get it.

Now..back in the day when I raced a 250r...j/k

Quad18star
08-09-2005, 06:01 AM

Yes Honda USA sponsors those 2 riders , but Honda also has other divisions other than the USA division .

Jasmin Plante has a full factory sponsorship from Honda Canada .

Paul Winrow has full sponsorship from Honda's UK division .

Before you tell someone to shut it ... make sure your response is 110% correct .

Quad18star
08-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by RATHRACING450R

Bunch of whiners!

1. We're not all Bill Ballance . The man does this stuff for a living . If he's running a kick start quad , don't you think he probably spends a few days out of his week just practicing his starts?? A NASCAR tire changer can change a tire in less than 6 seconds ... can you do that ??

2. You say if you're gunna cry about not having an e-start , then you don't belong on a 450r and might as well buy a pansy 400ex . That makes me laugh , cuz 3/4s of the people that say comments like this , OWNED a 400ex before the 450r came out . I guess they were all riding pansy quads before right ??

I hear alot of people saying the 450r shouldn't have e-start because of the weight . Last time I checked , the YFZ weighed in at the same amount as the 450r , and it has an e-start . Remove the battery on a YFZ and all the electricals and you shaved off nearly 25 lbs more . If weight is really an issue and the reason why Honda won't put an e-start , they might want to get back to the drafting tables and shave a few extra pounds off their 450r .

When it comes down to the sales figures .... electric start sells . It's as Simple as That !!!!!

Smoker
08-09-2005, 07:10 AM
This thread is retarded, lets argue about a bike that's not even out yet. If you don't like e-start or kick, don't buy it for that reason.

Bajakawi
08-09-2005, 09:19 AM
Let me just ask you all 1 question...If the new TRX450 did come out with both the E-start & the Kick start, which one are you going to use to start the quad? Yeah, its a no brainer! so stop acting like it will ruin the quad if it has e-start.

Jonas
08-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
1. We're not all Bill Ballance . The man does this stuff for a living . If he's running a kick start quad , don't you think he probably spends a few days out of his week just practicing his starts?? A NASCAR tire changer can change a tire in less than 6 seconds ... can you do that ??

2. You say if you're gunna cry about not having an e-start , then you don't belong on a 450r and might as well buy a pansy 400ex . That makes me laugh , cuz 3/4s of the people that say comments like this , OWNED a 400ex before the 450r came out . I guess they were all riding pansy *** quads before right ??

I hear alot of people saying the 450r shouldn't have e-start because of the weight . Last time I checked , the YFZ weighed in at the same amount as the 450r , and it has an e-start . Remove the battery on a YFZ and all the electricals and you shaved off nearly 25 lbs more . If weight is really an issue and the reason why Honda won't put an e-start , they might want to get back to the drafting tables and shave a few extra pounds off their 450r .

When it comes down to the sales figures .... electric start sells . It's as Simple as That !!!!!

First of all, there are alot of people on both sides of the fench here, so there must be something to both sides. If Honda comes out with both versions than I guess that will solve this.

You say "electric start sells" though. Many people don't want just "what sells". A Mc donald's cheese burger "sells" but it doesn't mean there is not something better out there. I personally don't want just what "sells". Wheather you like it or not, Honda built and advertised this quad as their race quad. Alot of what I see on this site is "but my wife can't ride it" or Ballance can kick it in a 1/2 a second but it takes me 1 or 2 seconds. Don't you feel there is something wrong here. Just curious, have you acually ridden the 450r for an extended period or do you have one?

As far as the YFZ being "lighter" without the battery and you basically saying Honda should go back to the drawing board and take 25 off their quad. If feel personally, in the long run, that the "extra 25" that the Honda has will turn out to be additional reliability. Agree with me or not that's great. Honda obviously knew the dry weight of the YFZ going into final production. Don't you feel that if Honda decided to have their quad come in at 325 dry they could of, but that they felt that the "extra 25" would assist in additional reliability of their machine. Honda is never going to make everyone happy with one quad, that is obviously not possible.

All that being said, both the Honda and Yamaha have had their share of reliability issues, this goes for most quads. Both quads are very good machines though. I pesonally think the engineering that went into the Honda is much more well done after looking at some YFZ's out at the dunes this weekend:D

Jonas
08-09-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Bajapred
Let me just ask you all 1 question...If the new TRX450 did come out with both the E-start & the Kick start, which one are you going to use to start the quad? Yeah, its a no brainer! so stop acting like it will ruin the quad if it has e-start.

Good point!

15-20 extra pounds is like -2 horse power though, that's the point you are missing.

Quad18star
08-09-2005, 12:23 PM
First of all, there are alot of people on both sides of the fench here, so there must be something to both sides. If Honda comes out with both versions than I guess that will solve this.

You say "electric start sells" though. Many people don't want just "what sells". A Mc donald's cheese burger "sells" but it doesn't mean there is not something better out there. I personally don't want just what "sells". Wheather you like it or not, Honda built and advertised this quad as their race quad. Alot of what I see on this site is "but my wife can't ride it" or Ballance can kick it in a 1/2 a second but it takes me 1 or 2 seconds. Don't you feel there is something wrong here. Just curious, have you acually ridden the 450r for an extended period or do you have one?

Alright ... look at it from a marketing point of view . You're in charge of a large company ... you have a product ... now would you rather that product appeal to 90% of the consumers out there or 15 % of the consumers out there?? Obviously you'd want it to appeal to the 90% ... why?? Because you'll make more money . Everyone is in this business to make money ... everyone wants to own the largest share of the market .

Honda has the 450r , 400ex, 300ex and 250ex on their sport quad line up .... the highest CC with an electric start is the 400ex .

Yamaha on the other hand , has the Raptor , YFZ , Banshee , Blaster , Raptor 350 ... the highest CC with electric start is the Raptor , then the YFZ .

When some people are on the market looking for a sport quad and want electric start , they don't want to be limited to just the 400ex , therefore they make the switch to another brand because of the e-start . Honda in turn loses a percentage of the market when this happens and in the long run that turns into millions of dollars worth of profits lost at year's end .

ATVs are selling at all time highs right now .... local dealerships are reporting for every 1 motorcycle they sell , they are selling 10 quads . That is a LOT of money being dumped into this industry . Here in Canada alone , I read that somewhere around 310 000 ATVs were sold in 2004 ... sure not all of them were sport quads .. but say 25% of that was sport quads , you can rest assured that a manufacturer wants to be in that high percentage of the sales .

What I think we could maybe expect from Honda , would be an electric start with a kicker backup system ... atleast that would be a very smart move to make , and they have the knowledge to do so . Hell my old TRX 250 has an e-start with kicker back up , so I'm sure they could put it on the 450r . Yamaha had a pretty good idea when they went with e-start and had the option of putting a kick start on their quad . For that small percentage of die hard racer that want the kicker , they can go to their dealership , and spend the money to install a kicker . For the rest of the sport quad riders that are weekend warriors but still want the power of the 450 , they can have it and do it while pushing a button .

Here's my predictions from Honda for this upcomming year . Honda 450r with electric start and kicker back up .
Also I have a feeling they will be releasing maybe a 650ex or a 700 cc quad . They need something in the higher CC range to compete with the other manufacturers "big dogs" . Yamaha has the Raptor , Kawi has the V Force , Polaris has the Predator ... Honda is being left in the dust in a potentially huge market .

Now that was a lot of typing ... my fingers are cramped ( I type with 2 fingers) . But for the record , yes I have ridden and been around the 450r before . 2 of my riding buddies both own 450r's and I own a YFZ . Yes I have had the battery problems that everyone talked about . I went through 3 batteries before the problem fixed itself . My quad has been sitting for a year now ... and I start it maybe every 2 weeks and have not had a problem since . I have also seen 450r's with broken cases due to something with the kicker screwing up . Both machines have their Pro's and Con's .. I guess it's luck of the draw . Just cross your fingers that you machine is built on a Tuesday Afternoon and not a monday morning or friday night . ;)

TRX450R2
08-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Latest news is 2 models TRX450ER electric start and X-Country gear ratios and other minor changes
Trx450R moto-x version with kickstart only and other minor improvements in rear suspension etc

You don't have to believe me but this will be proven soon!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rumour only at this stage is New TRX650R derived from XR650R 2 wheeler motor in beefed up TRX450R frame, Not sure of electric start for this beast but you can be sure it is out their being tested for reliability and frame strength and durability at present!

Watch this space?? EFI on Honda Sport Quads is coming!!

08-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R2
Latest news is 2 models TRX450ER electric start and X-Country gear ratios and other minor changes
Trx450R moto-x version with kickstart only and other minor improvements in rear suspension etc

You don't have to believe me but this will be proven soon!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rumour only at this stage is New TRX650R derived from XR650R 2 wheeler motor in beefed up TRX450R frame, Not sure of electric start for this beast but you can be sure it is out their being tested for reliability and frame strength and durability at present!

Watch this space?? EFI on Honda Sport Quads is coming!!

what are the minor changes?

Predator96
08-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Boy I sure hope your right. Im in the market for an r, and i cant decide if i should wait for the 06 or just go and pay 5299 at pro cycle in springfield, MO for a black 05.

So anyone think it will come with the HRC cam?

08-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Predator96
Boy I sure hope your right. Im in the market for an r, and i cant decide if i should wait for the 06 or just go and pay 5299 at pro cycle in springfield, MO for a black 05.

So anyone think it will come with the HRC cam?

doubt it...honda makes more money selling that by itself then already in the bike

R3Concepts
08-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star

Here's my predictions from Honda for this upcomming year . Honda 450r with electric start and kicker back up .
Also I have a feeling they will be releasing maybe a 650ex or a 700 cc quad . They need something in the higher CC range to compete with the other manufacturers "big dogs" . Yamaha has the Raptor , Kawi has the V Force , Polaris has the Predator ... Honda is being left in the dust in a potentially huge market .

Last time I checked, my 450R, as well as most of the ones Ive seen will outrun all 3 mentioned bikes...Isnt Honda the one making the dust? Regardless of what hype there is or isnt, the "big dogs" are the 450R,YFZ, and Z450R.

Quad18star
08-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
Last time I checked, my 450R, as well as most of the ones Ive seen will outrun all 3 mentioned bikes...Isnt Honda the one making the dust? Regardless of what hype there is or isnt, the "big dogs" are the 450R,YFZ, and Z450R.

Sorry , I should have stated in the big bore category . Anything over 500 cc . It's an amazing thing , but there is a huge market for big bore quads . A lot of people want a bigger engine . Just look at the 4x4 divisions .... they're up to what now?? 900CC or soemthing like and are selling like hot cakes .

I've run my quad against a 450r ... both were in stock trim . I had the 450r by about 1/2 a bike length at the finish . We then switched bikes and the results where the same . I've run my YFZ against Raptors and Predators .... I can take them all until I get to about top of 4th gear ... then they pull away from me . Like the old saying goes ... theres no replacement for displacement .

brif
08-09-2005, 04:52 PM
This is an interesting thread. I wonder if we had the choice between electric and kick when they first came out, I bet most would have went for the electric( I know I would have). Now after using it for awhile, not having electric start is " no big deal" to me.

08-10-2005, 09:04 AM
spoke to a honda rep and they confirmed....electric start. kick start wil be avail. aftermarket like the yamaha. no two versions. he said there are other changes, but would not disclose them. i guess this is a good way to keep eveyone happy.

nowukno
08-10-2005, 09:10 AM
I will be honest and say that i wanted electric start but i did not want a yamaha but after having the 450r for 4 or 5 months now , im used to it and starting it is simple and is just not an issue anymore. Im sure the 06 will have e-start but i love my 05 and have put alot of work and money into it and will keep it for a long time.

08-10-2005, 09:15 AM
as long as they do something with the rear linkage, and get a little more hp stk i will buy a 06. of couse i will be selling the battery ,and starter. replacing it with a kicker.I am still wondering about the 06 suzuki. i have owned honda all my life , but the rumors are flying about the suzuki.

Predator96
08-10-2005, 10:15 AM
I have a feeling the z450 is going to be just like the yamaha when it first came out. Its going to be big at first yes, but I dont know if everyone will be selling there current 450's for one. Plus if it is solely setup for mx like the rumors are leaning towards, it will be a big hit for the first year. I just dont know if someone will want something that wide, my predator is just about to wide to go through and real technical tight woods. I guess we will see.

smr
08-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by rawdeal
spoke to a honda rep and they confirmed....electric start. kick start wil be avail. aftermarket like the yamaha. no two versions. he said there are other changes, but would not disclose them. i guess this is a good way to keep eveyone happy.

Are you sure you trust this guy...if it comes from honda then it's not aftermarket.

R3Concepts
08-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I know Keith Littles national mechanic, and he spoke to the horses mouth, Paul Turner, and Doug..They said that Doug rode the bike and its that good..Its got 20 inch shocks, and its truely race ready bone stock, not like the "race ready YFZ". The only thing that they are going to change is the a-arms, due to the Walsh sponsorship..Only time will tell, but I do think that we will get one just to go up against our Pro level Hondas..Sorry to get off track here.

TRX450R2
08-10-2005, 11:36 AM
20" shocks but how much travel??

duke416ex
08-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Well, I guess we don't have to worry much bout the zuks in the xc world. I would think that surely they are making a version narrower, but maybe not.

R3Concepts
08-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Id guess around 10.75-11.50 like the rest of the LT quads out there.

TRX450R2
08-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Looks like honda yam and suzy are gonna rip in MX next year, should be a great battle!

08-10-2005, 11:53 AM
sorry....did not mean aftermarket as in manufactured by someone else. it just wont come with the bike . avail through honda. I work in the biz, and the guy i spoke to is the honda sales rep. i fully trust him.

Jersey450R
08-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
..Its got 20 inch shocks,
very highly doubtfull.:rolleyes:

smr
08-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
very highly doubtfull.:rolleyes:

He doesn't mean 20 inches of travel..he means 20 inches from eye to eye..isn't that what the Suzuki has now?

R3Concepts
08-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Thats ok if you dont believe me..Everyone who has seen it says its a LT bike..So thus meaning it would already have 20 inch shocks..And like the post says, if you read it carefully, 20 inch shocks, meaning center to center, not 20 inches of travel..but Ill go ahead and prepare my "told ya so" button.

Jersey450R
08-10-2005, 09:30 PM
i guess i'll beleive it when i see it. 20" shocks...stock...i dont know about that. yes, i knew what he was talking about. 20" of travel is just stupid to say.

yamadog
08-11-2005, 04:10 AM
Suzuki is going to lose allot of money from XC and your typical woods rider/racer. I would say that is the majority of riding or the largest percantage with out a doubt. Suzuki lost on that. I hope they all stay competative stock so the average rider can have a larger selection. Hey, Don't rule out the polaris for woods racing, the outlaw. I talked to a test driver that rode one, he spoke highly of it for GNCC, but I have got see to beleive.

Jonas
08-11-2005, 08:55 AM
As far as I know, Suzuki hasn't released anything yet and I'm a Suzuki dealer. Saying Suzuki has made a mistake is a little premature. Didn't some "inside source" in a magazine say that there was going to be a trx650r due out a couple years ago?

jeepnrocks
08-11-2005, 09:16 AM
everything is speculation. QUad magazine had that article and it was a great selling tool for their first episode.. "hey lets say we HEARD this from our insider" and BAM copies are flying off the shelf. smart marketing. I'm not saying that the suzuki rumors are false. I just don't care actually. If it comes ultra wide so what. mx guys have been buying longer a-arms for years now the xc guys will have to buy shorter ones. IOT should come with shocks as good or better than what the aftermarket has. its a disgrace that these quads dont come like that already. 7000.00 smackers then you have to put 2000-5000 in suspension if you want top notch. Look at dirtbikes, right off the floor their suspension is incredible. I hope suzuki does this but I won't be like yay yay suzuki is awesome, I'll be like it about friggn time!

R3Concepts
08-11-2005, 12:45 PM
I still think that its going to be as good as all the hype says it is..Zuke was the 1st back in it for the factories, and we can see what kind of support they come to each race with.Between Doug, Jeremiah, Paul, and Ryan, and Walsh, you can better believe that this thing had some good minds developing it..10 bucks says its got a LT front end on it bone stock:D

08-12-2005, 10:00 AM
06 trx450r changes

new port mapping
new front shock spring rate
engine lowered and tilted forward

this is what our local honda shop is saying

Predator96
08-12-2005, 10:09 AM
reverse, electric start....?

How reliable are they?

Since honda will be giving out the final release date on september 17, when will the dealers actually be getting them in? Any ideas or guesses?

08-12-2005, 10:13 AM
what i listed is what the guy said.

he said there were no other changes listed on his spec. sheet.

i'm not making this up..............just relaying information.

Smoker
08-12-2005, 02:34 PM
It's fun to smack around idea's but no offense to anyone, dealers don't even know until about ten minutes before we do, IMO. I'm just not going to believe anything until I see it, especially with Honda. I would love as much as anyone to see Honda build a quad to the potential we all know they can. :p

JRP
08-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Smoker
It's fun to smack around idea's but no offense to anyone, dealers don't even know until about ten minutes before we do, IMO. I'm just not going to believe anything until I see it, especially with Honda. I would love as much as anyone to see Honda build a quad to the potential we all know they can. :p

agreed

stryker
08-12-2005, 05:09 PM

AMEN to That!!

08-12-2005, 06:39 PM
that is not true. Outside sales reps for all of the manufactures have a good idea of the changes to come. They may not give all of the details, and may not even know all of the details.....but when they say something it is true. The 06 trx450r WILL HAVE E.START.

Punk'd
08-13-2005, 02:43 AM

Can I get another AMEN

yamadog
08-13-2005, 04:13 AM
You are right allot of dealers don't even know until it comes out of the crate. My local Yamaha shop didn't even know of the new Raptor before I did. I caught there attention, they said no way. I told them to look on the web, they did. We all starting laughing. He quoted "its a damn shame you guys know before we do., and we sale the damn things."

yamadog
08-13-2005, 04:15 AM
New post mapping would mean full injection correct???

Predator96
08-13-2005, 07:19 AM
He said port mapping.

08-15-2005, 09:53 AM
sorry, no EFI.

RIDER11X
08-21-2005, 12:49 AM
No offence here...........But, if Honda is going to do Estart versions, will the consumers start chanting for reverse next?:confused:

400exrider0004
08-21-2005, 09:00 PM
How much do you think this 06 will cost?
If it does have an e-start then Im definately going to look into one!!!

StuckInTheMud
08-21-2005, 09:29 PM
my guess would be 500 more bones then what the price is on the 05 450r right now because the GOKI elec. start cost 500 for the r, thats if e-start is the only added thing for 06 but i could be wrong

TRX450R2
09-04-2005, 12:47 PM
The Suspense!!!!!!!! Not Long Now??:D

Ralph
09-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Since we all heard something from someone whos up there, i still doubt just about everything i read here. I guaranttee 95% of what is said in this thread is speculated, obvious, or false.

Now what makes me really wonder is how honda keeps such a tight seal on things. They must have thousands of assemblers piecing these things together as we speak. And if they are not in production yet they are atleast getting ready for it. Each piece on i has to be prepared to be mass produced. HOW DO THEY DO SUCH A GOOD JOB???

400exrider0004
09-04-2005, 01:47 PM
I agree how do they keep it so secret, and i can't wait....3 more days!!!!

Brit Mansell
09-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
HOW DO THEY DO SUCH A GOOD JOB???

They all speak Chineese!!! And, don't read English.

:-)

.brit

400exrider0004
09-04-2005, 02:24 PM
:)

desratt
09-05-2005, 01:15 PM
cause knowing honda they aren't being assembled yet that probably wouldn't happen till it is truelly 2006