PDA

View Full Version : turbo for 400 ex

jsmith2232
08-04-2005, 09:30 AM
has anyone looked into turbos for the 400ex, how much are they and how much gain is there, and what mods do i need to make it worth putting one on.?

08-04-2005, 10:33 AM
ive seen videos they look pretty sweet, really fast in a drag too, but it will probably cost about a grand

eslride1
08-04-2005, 10:58 AM
http://www.kmsturbo.com/honda400ex.html
that site tells you the price, power gains and everything that the kit includes

Juggalo
08-04-2005, 12:15 PM
my friend has a turbo on his 416ex from www.atperform.com a lot less expensive than the kms kit and works euqually well if not better

Quad Dude
08-04-2005, 06:35 PM
my friend has a turbo on his 416ex from www.atperform.com a lot less expensive than the kms kit and works euqually well if not better

how much did it cost ???

wheeltrax
08-04-2005, 09:59 PM
not to get off subject.. but is that the ATP place that is located on Hwy 45 near north cape in wisconsin. Cause there is a ATP and the owners name is scott also, I have talked to him and he seems like a really cool person who knows what he is talking about. Plus if its the same person, he has an awesome truck.

250x_Case
08-07-2005, 10:18 PM
ive been wonderin about this myself.. im into cars aswell as gettin into Quads. i know garrett makes good turbos for cars and i see on there site they got them for Street bikes and 2 diff quads. a Honda and something else cant remember and i cant get the site to work but u can try it, BTW i think it was making something like 80-100hp im not to sure id check

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/index.html

Juggalo
08-09-2005, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by wheeltrax
not to get off subject.. but is that the ATP place that is located on Hwy 45 near north cape in wisconsin. Cause there is a ATP and the owners name is scott also, I have talked to him and he seems like a really cool person who knows what he is talking about. Plus if its the same person, he has an awesome truck.

that sounds like the place :) and yeah his truck is bad ***...that mofo runs a 12.1 quarter on those 35 inch mud tires! it has 550 horsepower and 1400 ft/lbs of torque!

as for the production price i can't remember exactly how much hes going to be asking but i know it will be significantly less than the kms turbo kits

08-10-2005, 08:45 PM
if you put in a turbo you need a new kanooter valve and a new set of red or green powerbands. just a warning.

frosti108
08-10-2005, 10:55 PM
^^ and you cant forget a new flux capaciter or else your likely to blow a sphinctor :chinese:

greg_gorrell
08-11-2005, 08:13 AM
i have a buddy who put a turbo off of his mustang on a blaster, but i cant remember but i dont think it ran for anymore than 20 minutes but it was a mean ****ing blaster.

duke416ex
08-11-2005, 10:10 AM
I saw no prices on the atperformance website, did anyone else?

Iliketogofast
08-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Turbocharging a quad seems like one of the most redneck methods to gain power to me.... I think it's freakin hilarious to see a drag shee with a friggen huge T4 turbo hangin off the pipe... But I bet they are fast

400exstud
08-11-2005, 01:15 PM
If you get a turbo you'll also need to invest in a good set of muffler bearings.

4everhonda
08-12-2005, 07:19 AM
^^A good set of heavy duty piston return springs and high performance modulater valve will help!

Juggalo
08-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Turbocharging a quad seems like one of the most redneck methods to gain power to me.... I think it's freakin hilarious to see a drag shee with a friggen huge T4 turbo hangin off the pipe... But I bet they are fast

how is it red neck at all? because it makes more power and is more reliable than motor work? your an idiot. and yeah its freakin hilarious to see a drag banshee with a turbo (which i doubt youve ever even seen) cuz they wipe the floor with everybody. thing is tho all you guys are talking about turboing 2 strokes. turboing a 2 stroke is a whole nother beast and its never ever reliable. to get a 2 stroke running a turbo is a crazy deal.

Screamin440
08-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by greg_gorrell
i have a buddy who put a turbo off of his mustang on a blaster, but i cant remember but i dont think it ran for anymore than 20 minutes but it was a mean ****ing blaster.

Am I the only one that found this REALLY amusing?

He took a turbo off of a Mustang and put it on a Blaster? You do realize that a 5.0 Mustang is 4944cc and a Blaster is 200cc right? There is absolutely NO way that the Blaster would have enough exhaust volume or pressure to turn even the smallest turbo that could go on a Mustang.

I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and say that it was an SVO Mustang with the turbocharged 2.3. That 2.3 is still 2275cc, which is more than 11 times the size of that Blaster.

I'm gonna go ahead and call this the biggest B.S. story I've ever heard. Well, I'll be nice and put this story at #2 considering I had a kid tell me he knew of a guy that converted his 2 stroke into a 4 stroke engine and it ran.

awesomeness
08-13-2005, 12:07 AM
it looks like if you bought a turbo, and all the stiff to supplement it, you'd basically be buying a crate engine, or maybe I'm dumb, I'm not sure.

Sick6
08-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Anybody ever seen one. I need to know where the oil pressure comes from. I am in the process of turbo'ing my 400, and btw, failure is not an option. I have a mitsubishi tbo25 turbo, working on the stainless header as we speak, just have to get the collars machined to go into the head. I cannot tell by the KMS pictures where the oil feed comes from, but as of now I am just going to drill a small hole in the oil filter cover and weld an 1/8" bung to it. Definitley not a cheap project, want to try to be under $1000. It helps to have a $2k tig welder in the first place, so I am ahead of the game. Anyone have input, give me a shout.

REBEL OUTLAW
08-22-2005, 08:56 PM
i know this guy that put one on his z400, basically its alot of money and also it really ain't worth it...