PDA

View Full Version : wrong jetting

Sturmgiest
08-04-2005, 06:19 AM
I just installed a DRD full race exhuast, prodesigns pro flo intake with foam filter and pre foam filter and took the lid off the box on my 05 yfz.

I installed a NCVQ needle with a 175 main and a 45 pilot

it does ok till about 1/2 throttle then it seems to choke (cutts out) when i give it any more throttle, i've tried adjusting the fuel screw from 1/2 turn out to a little over 3 turns and if keeps doing the same thing.. and i turned the idle so it would idle past 2 1/2 turns I may have turned it too much could that hurt preformance?

i'm new to jetting so if someone can help me out please am i running lean or rich? and should I lower the main or the needle clip?

please help me out guys

Splatter Matter
08-04-2005, 05:18 PM
try the needle on the 3rd clip and drop down to a 170 or 172 main and try a 48 pilot jet. 2 to 2 1/2 turns sounds close

mountaineer
08-04-2005, 07:50 PM
what is your needle set at? sounds like your needle setting. Some guys have had problems with the ncqv needle. You might want to try your stock needle back in.
throttle position
0 to 1/4 pilot jet
1/4 to 3/4 needle
3/4 to wide open main jet
try your needle at the fourth notch from top (middle)
keep your 45 pilot
try 170 to a 172
keep your air/fuel screw at 1.5 turns out until you find your jetting once it is jetted properly turn your screw out until it starts to studder then turn it back in about a 1/4 turn or so until it idles smooth again.
I have a full system, sparks air charger, no lid, and cam mod
175 main
45 pilot
ncqv on 4th notch
2 turns out air/fuel
Hope this helps

PurePerformance
08-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Try 168 main, 45 pilot, 3rd clip on YZ needle and 2-2.5 turns out on your mixture screw.

Sturmgiest
08-06-2005, 09:57 PM
ok i'll start dropping mains should i re-adjust the idle adjust screw or adjust idle off the fuel screw? i'm still a little confused on how those work together

from what I read you're suppose turn the fuel screw out untill it almost dies then slowly turn it in until you just get peak-crisp idle any more will affect proformance.

if that's true then how will the idle screw effect this if it's turned in or out too much?

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?p...01/carb101.html

http://www.thumperfaq.com/fuel_screw.htm

08-29-2005, 10:01 AM
I love honda