PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine Twist Throttle?

CannondaleRider
08-04-2005, 12:19 AM
During my races my thumb starts hurting pretty bad, and it gets to the point of having to use my other hand to push my thumb because its so wore out I can't physically push my thumb, I can hold the throttle at the current position, but not give er any more gas.......yeah it gets pretty bad. Its been getting better, but not fast enough.

I've been thinking of going to a twist throttle, and today forced me to get SOMETHING(cable broke:mad: ) So i need to make up my mind on either a new thumb throttle and cable or a twist throttle kit.

I'm not very good on a twist throttle from what I can tell, but that has always been on HIGH power bikes that you can get into trouble with if you gas it on a bump or something, but as with the Wolverine if I jam on the throttle....its not gonna loop out or something, so corners may be my only worry in that matter.

I was a little worried about my WHOLE wrist getting tired with the twist from trying to hang on AND control the throttle, and that would be worse then just the thumb, but when I really think about it, no throttle control is needed because i'm either pinned or off the gas and on the brakes(and when i'm not pinned i'm not going through anything rough) so I can just grip "high", that way, when I'm pinned I'm in the normal grip position, so my wrist SHOULDN'T wear out.

So, if I was able to get an extremely short twist throttle......would it be a good idea for me, or is there something i'm missing with my idea

Thanks in advance

FoxRacing81
08-04-2005, 09:33 AM
I have a Yamaha Warrior with a Twist throttle, and when I used to ride that thing, we'd ride all day basicly non stop. My wrist never wore out from using a twist throttle. Only thing that's kinda tricky is cornering, but you get used to it and adapt yourself.

My thumb locked up on me the other day practicing at the local MX track.....But I'm not 100% sure whether I want a twist on my 426 because of the power. On something like a Warrior or Wolverine, I think it'd be fine.

-Justin

cdalejef
08-04-2005, 02:02 PM
I have a twist on my Wolverine and love it!

CannondaleRider
08-04-2005, 02:12 PM
thanks guys.

Hey Jeff, would you be able to get me a twist throttle? If so, how "quick" of a twist could i get it in?

thomkat219
08-04-2005, 06:14 PM
My son and I race harescrambles. I have ALWAYS used the twist. He has always done what I do. There are 2 types made, that I know of, a full pull, and quarter pull. Unless you are drag racing, you want the full pull. Yes, it will take you about 20-30 minutes to get used to it, but after that you will be kickin' yourself in the butt for not switching sooner. By the way, we have had twist on Warriors, Z-400's, and now on our TRX450r's. Thomkat