PDA

View Full Version : Best way to color frame in p/s?

trx450jason
08-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I just download photoshop 7 and so far the best way I found to color a frame was using the magic wand. I was wonder if there is a better way to do it?

Punk'd
08-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Try the Lasso tool.

08-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by trx450jason
I just download photoshop 7 and so far the best way I found to color a frame was using the magic wand. I was wonder if there is a better way to do it?

yup, buy it, dont pirate it, and get the nice sized manual, to see how to do it ;)

Jesse

08-04-2005, 06:22 AM
Coloring the Frame...

First off thats not what you do.... What you do is use the Retouch tool and Apply a new Color over the Old color, this way all the details in the metal and its highlights stay as it is but only now with a new color.

Simply take the retouch tool (the hand with finger pointing) and in the options box for it select "Color To Target"

Select the color you want to change it too and select a small size brush (depending on the size of your picture) zoom in and simply brush on the new color.

If you go over the edges simply leave it alone tell you get the whole frame done then go over the messed up edges with GRAY and the same color to target tool, this will bring it back to metal color (engine for instance) it was before or select whatever color it is that you ran over.

PS this is in PaintShop Pro... not PhotoShop, i have no idea why people run that hog of a program in the first place, PSP is much smaller and a hell of a lot easier to use and just as powerful.