PDA

View Full Version : I need a pred owners help

tido450
08-03-2005, 07:58 PM
i was wondering of one of you uys could go and measure your coolant bottle because im tryin to relocate my reservoir on my yfz and the stock one will not fit where i wanna put it

please measure the sides and the height. thanks alot.....

bigstud
08-12-2005, 04:26 PM
61/2'' tall x 21/2'' wide x 11/4'' deep.

predle
08-25-2005, 07:11 PM
i noticed you have a 450 and apredator how much different are they in power wich one you like most thanks

tido450
08-26-2005, 06:43 PM
the 450 handles better on the track and seams to have alot more top speed. the pred is alittle unstable and not as fast. but its powerband is much easier to use. also the gearing is way different

bigstud
08-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey guys,:eek2: Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. Last weekend we took the bikes to the Pismo dunes. I bought the yfz for my wife and that was the first time we rode it. After riding the Pred. then riding the yfz to be honest I like the Pred. better. They both have plenty of power, but it seems to me that the pred has better low end torque. The yfz has plenty of power on the lower end but the way i ride i like the pred better. The pred. is bigger and I like that, it's also more comfortable to ride. I felt kind of cramped on the yfz. My wife is around 5'2" and 120lbs and she liked the yfz better. You can't go wrong with either one. A 18 year old kid and his girlfriend camped next to us and I let him ride it. He has a suzuki 400 that is an 2005 and he had a big bore kit and a fancy carb. on the suzuki, and he really liked the yfz and said it was a lot faster than his bike. He didn't ride my pred. but said he had rode the Pred. before and he liked the yfz better. He was about 5'6" and 140lbs. I paid the same price for my 05 pred. and the 06yfz. 7000.00 out the door. For the money I'd buy the pred. over the yfz for the dunes. As for racing I don't know since I don't race. We didn't get to race on the drag strip in the back of the dunes because it was Portugese weekend and it was really packed. Next time we go we'll race and see whats faster.:devil: