PDA

View Full Version : Clutch question?????

trx416m
08-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Ok my 400ex is leaking oil out of where the clutch goes into the side clutch cover on the engine. Im pretty sure its just an o ring thats bad but im not sure if i need to pull the whole side cover apart to change it which would b a pain in the *** im planning on getting a manual soon to help me but i need some opinions. Also do they sell a whole gasket kit for the side clutch cover and everything.

thanx

TC426EX
08-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Ive never had to replace that seal, but have had the clutch cover off many times. Youre probably going to have to take the cover off which is really no big deal man. Just look on www.servicehonda.com and order the o ring and a clutch side gasket. It'll take you about 20 minutes in and out once you get the parts

QuadJunkies
08-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by trx416m
Ok my 400ex is leaking oil out of where the clutch goes into the side clutch cover on the engine. Im pretty sure its just an o ring thats bad but im not sure if i need to pull the whole side cover apart to change it which would b a pain in the *** im planning on getting a manual soon to help me but i need some opinions. Also do they sell a whole gasket kit for the side clutch cover and everything.

thanx I had that happen and it was very inexpensive to replace ;)

trx416m
08-04-2005, 01:24 PM
k thanx i didnt think it would cost alot