PDA

View Full Version : A story for those that have wanted to snowmobile on the lake in the summer.

400exstud
08-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Well my dad has a scanner that picks up the local police and fire department stuff because he is a volunteer firefighter and a few days ago there was a call for police to respond to a house that is on the lake. The people that had reported it said that their neighbors were snowmobileing on the like. (This was also mid june.)

Then a little later the cops call back to the station and said that there was nothing that they could do because the sleds were registered.

It turns out that the people were actually practicing for the local watercross and their neighbors didn't know that you could take a snowmobile on the water.:devil:

blastereatin250
08-03-2005, 03:22 PM
snowmobile races on water is awesome to watch. It's funny when someone goes down in the middle of the race and people are barely missing him in the water.:devil:

08-03-2005, 04:17 PM
what do you do when one of those sinks???

450robot
08-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
curse

Mxjunkie
08-03-2005, 04:35 PM

I watched it on speed channel not to long ago, the seat was a float persay and it held the snowmobile up so it wouldnt sink, once they got it back they got all the water out of the motor, the wiring was completely waterproof etc, once they got it all dry and new spark plugs fired it up and went on to the next heat.

blastereatin250
08-03-2005, 05:00 PM
The races I watched when the person made a mistake like leaning foward the whole snowmobile would be go under water. The seats didn't float.

Dan_Guetter
08-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
curse

lol

Quad18star
08-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Some guys add extra foam to the sled to allow it to float when they bail off in the middle of the lake . Ive seen it done a few times ... it's pretty awesome to see .

My parents have a friend that has a wooden leg , and about 10 years back we were watching him cruise around the lake on his sled ... he hit a wave and the sled sank . All you could see what him in the water with his life jacket on and his wooden leg floating on the surface . It was probably one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed .

450robot
08-03-2005, 06:32 PM
when i watched the snowmobile watercross, i think i heard that they didnt even have seats, becuase you stood up the whole time

red2004 TRX450R
08-04-2005, 09:22 AM
we demand pix or a video :D

red2004 TRX450R
08-04-2005, 09:25 AM
found one but it is just a crossing not riding around the lake

http://www.jokaroo.com/extremevideos/skidoo.html

red2004 TRX450R
08-04-2005, 09:32 AM
this is nuts I want to try

http://summerwatersports.com/photos-winter-1.php

08-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Its 2 stroke! :)

simply get the water out of the engine and carb, drop some gas inside (comes out milky white) new plug and Vwala, your back in business. (if you didnt get hydrolocked that is)

They also line the inside with foam for extra floatation in case they stall and it dont sink to the bottom.

T.Hopp
08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
For the occasion when a sled goes down, most have a teather connecting machine to seat. When it goes down, the seat floats to the surface (bouy) enabling them to find it. I've seen a modified pontoon boat w/ crane and big hole cut in the center of the deck. They would pull over the seat (while floating)and connect the crane cable to the teather and winch it up.

MotoX3
08-04-2005, 04:12 PM
just remember to get it killed before it goes under....if you dont youll be in bigger poop:chinese: