PDA

View Full Version : i think its me

WOracing
08-03-2005, 02:54 PM
ok well i have a problem that i dont know how to fix:( if anyone can help me please do because im out of ideas. everytime i ride im fine...but everytime i try to jump my quad leans to one side and i end up landing wrong and hurting myself. (whiplash) i just hurt my neck doing a jump and im just about sick of it. now i dont know if its all me because when i do a wheelie my quad pulls...i mess with the air pressure and no luck. i was in an accident and it messed up my rims and axle but i replaced everything. stock if that matters. mods in my sig. anywho i think its me also because when i try and jump my bmx bike i lean to one side without knowing it. its always the left side i lean to. i have no clue how to fix it and if i cant i wont be able to jump anymore.:( which i dont want. if anyone has a solution please tell me:)

Punk'd
08-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Have someone video tapeing you jumping and make your corrections?

WOracing
08-03-2005, 03:02 PM
yea thats a good idea except i need someone other then my dad to do that...he doesnt know anything about body language in riding:(

bansheeguy77
08-03-2005, 03:32 PM
something might be bent...plant your feet solid on the pegs and if it leans correct it....if u get video post it up and we could help you out....its hard just going by word of mouth...even pics would help

EvilJester400EX
08-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Tire pressure, shock compression set different, etc. Checked any of those out?

Punk'd
08-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
something might be bent...plant your feet solid on the pegs and if it leans correct it....if u get video post it up and we could help you out....its hard just going by word of mouth...even pics would help

Yes, deff post the video on here and we will help you out :)

WOracing
08-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
Tire pressure, shock compression set different, etc. Checked any of those out?

already messed with the tire pressure with no luck...could be the compression because at the track i was tuning my suspension and it could possibly be out of wack. ill check that thanks:)

WOracing
08-03-2005, 05:14 PM
should i set compression to 0 then go from there so i know its accurate?

08-03-2005, 06:15 PM
to much spare change in one pocket??? :)

Yes get some video from behind so we can see whats going on... doesnt even have to be a big jump.

Giz400ex
08-03-2005, 06:19 PM
It could also be the way the jump is made causing you to land crooked. Can you show pictures of the jump?

TheFontMaster
08-03-2005, 07:05 PM
I think your just favoring one side, you know putting more of your body wieght on one side. You said that it happens on your BMX bike too.

08-03-2005, 07:17 PM
wen you make jumps they have to be so striaght. What i do is get my dads tractor and smoothen it pout witht he bottom of the bucket.

WOracing
08-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
It could also be the way the jump is made causing you to land crooked. Can you show pictures of the jump?

its nto the jump because its every jump i do...even ones i havent made. its me i know it i just have to figure out why. i think i am just favoring one side because im better at leaning left then right into a turn...as in i can take left turns faster so...:confused:

WOracing
08-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I think your just favoring one side, you know putting more of your body wieght on one side. You said that it happens on your BMX bike too.

yesterday i rode my bmx bike and i tried bunnyhoping off the face instead of just coasting and letting the bike do it. that helped i had more control of the bike. so im wondering do you guys think if i preloaded instead of just letting the quad do it i could have more control?

08-04-2005, 02:55 PM
jw does one side of the track seem to get waterd more, (like the inside vs the outside of the track), maybe you have more mud on one side vs the other maybe

Pvt. Maggot
08-04-2005, 03:11 PM
When you jump, if you feel yourself getting crooked in the air, lean to one side. alot of jumping is learning to use your bodyweight to keep straight in the air. just a little leaning to the right will correct you in the air. Hope you get it all straighten out :)

m_townsgreatest
08-04-2005, 03:14 PM
maybe one of ur testicles is bigger then the other and it throws ur balance off:devil:

WOracing
08-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
When you jump, if you feel yourself getting crooked in the air, lean to one side. alot of jumping is learning to use your bodyweight to keep straight in the air. just a little leaning to the right will correct you in the air. Hope you get it all straighten out :)

thanks! i try to lean but most of the time it doesnt work because...im not sure actually lol i have to learn better body language in the air. when my quad was new i had no problem jumping but after my accident i dont know:ermm:

08-04-2005, 04:24 PM
you had and acident, maybe one of your tires are outa wack

WOracing
08-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by yzfmxer
you had and acident, maybe one of your tires are outa wack

in my first post i said i replaced everything in the rear end except for the hubs which didnt look bent when i had my quad running and them spinning...so i dont think thats the problem.

anyone think it could be the front end. i checked my compression on the front shocks and everything seems good. still comes to the conclusion that its me. i think in my accident im the one who got bent:blah: