PDA

View Full Version : Pipe rebuild

Chino886
08-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Hey guys,

I have a Sparks X-6 Full System and I was wondering if I could change the end cap and core? Do I need to order if from Sparks or do you guys know of another company that makes them. I am looking for a bigger core and shorter down spout but keep the spark arrester.

Thanks
D

aviator4
08-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Keep the spark arrestor? Did you order yours with the spark arrestor?

I got my X-6 when they were just introduced and there was no spark arrestor in it. They now sell a "retro" kit for it though. You can put either the screen type (which is just a piece of mesh and is NOT USFS approved) or the disc type which is actually from Supertrapp and requires drilling out the rivets in the end of the pipe.

You might wanna double check to make sure it REALLY has a spark arrestor in it. These only became available in the last couple of months. If you do, then accept my apologies for my sceptecism.... I'm a little Jealous because I had to take my X-6 off and put my stock pipe back on to ride in Ouray Colorado this last week.

As far as the end cap and core, I've heard that the Supertrapp core will fit in there, but I dont' know that for sure and I don't think it's any bigger. (It doesn't look any bigger anyway). Most of the endcaps you see are for "round" pipes, where the sparks in more of an Oval.

The down-turn on my X-6 is so tiny now, if I went any smaller, there wouldn't be a turn down!! I mean it's tiny!

Chino886
08-03-2005, 10:02 AM
anyone else have any ideas about the core and the endcap?