PDA

View Full Version : Rear Plastics

Texastacoma
08-02-2005, 11:07 PM
My rear plastics have torn loose on my 05 pred, where the two bolts go through the plastic into heel guard. Both holes have torn to the point that they are larger than the bolt and just flap in the wind. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any fix other than buying new plastics? I bought some 2 inch washers and was thinking I'd put them through it and paint them to match the plastic for now.

05predle
08-03-2005, 06:32 AM
Sounds like warranty work to me. did you put nerf bars on and tighen it to much? or roll it? if not warranty should cover that.

QuadJunkies
08-03-2005, 01:09 PM
thats a common problem, we had both sets of plastics do that.. I ended up buying fullbore and never had that issue again...

Texastacoma
08-03-2005, 01:59 PM
I did roll it once, and I think the other one tore from being on the back of the trailer without being covered. I put Pro Armor nerf bars with heel guards on, si I guess it's possible I tighened it too much also. I guess I'll stick with the washer idea for now, and will probably replace the plastics down the road.

the predator
08-04-2005, 06:56 AM
it don't look the best but i used washers to get the in place and put bolts with loctite rather than the torx screws!!

Texastacoma
08-04-2005, 05:40 PM
I bought a can of spray paint today that's the same color as my plastics. Hopefully once I paint the washers, they wont look too bad.

bigstud
08-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Does Maier make plastic to fit the Preds? I know some other companys do. I saw some really cool plastic on a yfz450 in Dirt wheels magazine the September issue. It's the cross country style, with mud guards down the sides ,but when I went to the Maier website I couldn't find it for the Pred.

QuadJunkies
08-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by bigstud
Does Maier make plastic to fit the Preds? I know some other companys do. I saw some really cool plastic on a yfz450 in Dirt wheels magazine the September issue. It's the cross country style, with mud guards down the sides ,but when I went to the Maier website I couldn't find it for the Pred.

Maier does NOT make any for the preddys .

bigstud
08-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks for info.:D :D :D

QuadJunkies
08-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by bigstud
Thanks for info.:D :D :D your welcome ;)